Pro Med Health Care Services, a local Home Care Agency, is currently recruiting for experienced CNA's (Certified Nurse Aides) for the following PRN opportunity: Location: Hillsborough County, FL Benefits* Referral Bonuses
* Onboarding Bonus * In-Service Training
Responsibilities of the HHA or CNA* Assist/provide the patient in the Activities of Daily Living (ADL's) including personal care, hygiene, including shampoo and nail care, eating, dressing, elimination, exercise, ambulation and changing and making the patients bed.
* Assist the patients in and out of bed, including the use of mechanical lifting equipment, when applicable
* Encourage the patient's family to participate in the patient's care.
* Assist in the maintenance and education regarding the patient's safe environment.
* Assist with the non-skilled treatments as ordered by the physician and approved and supervised by the RN.
* Gives emotional support to the patient as outlined in the Patient Care Plan.
* Encourages independence in the patient as outlined in the Patient Care Plan.
* After instruction, assist paramedical personnel in those treatments classified as non-skilled but still essential to the patient's rehabilitation.
* Prepare meals, shop, launder and perform other household services as essential to the patient's health care and necessary to prevent / postpone institutionalization.
* Measure, record fluid intake and output as directed.
Takes and records blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
* Report/record changes in the patient's mental status, physical status or appearance to the RN immediately.
* Documents timely and accurately the patient's daily activities in the Home Health Aide progress note.
* Maintains notebook or folder with patient individual aide assignment forms for each patient seen by the CNA.
* Participates in weekend rotation for scheduled visits.
Job Requirements* Current 75 hour CNA certificate or current, Valid CNA license from the state of Florida
* Working telephone number * Reliable transportation/current driver’s license
* Two (2) favorable work (professional) references
* Favorable criminal background screening (AHCA and DOEA Eligibility)
* Negative TB within previous 12 months of hire
* Health Statement/Physical exam within previous 6 months of hire
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Riverview, FL (33569)