The Certified Professional Coder assists in generating revenue by assigning and monitoring the coding and reimbursement activities for professional and technical services provided within a group of specialty areas.
- Direct assigning of ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes by analyzing patient medical records.
- Ensure documentation by providers conforms to legal and procedural requirements.
- Consults with follow-up team prior to assigning claims to the appeals department for disputed / denied claims.
- Provides feedback/training for physicians and staff in with any coding insufficiencies.
- Assisting with research of denied claims.
- Applies modifiers, checks CCI edits and assists with charge entry.
- Aware of governmental regulations, protocols and third party requirements in reference to coding principles.
- Maintain a working knowledge of EMR, the registration process and charge entry.
- Ability to work effectively with providers and co-workers.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Certification in CPC, CHONC or specialty coding with one to three years experience directly related to coding and reimbursement for physician services.
- Educational requirements: BS in related field of study preferred.
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize information and tasks are essential.
- Knowledge of current and developing issues and trend in medical coding procedures and requirements.
- Working knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnosis codes, HCPCS, and CPT coding assignment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Ability to work in a team environment and enjoy multi-job functions. Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking.
About this company
Our mission is to partner with communities to fight cancer. We believe the best place to receive care is in your own community surrounded by a caring team of doctors, nurses, staff, family and friends. Our model works. Doctors are empowered to practice medicine in the best interests of their patients and hospitals are able to bring the most advanced comprehensive cancer care to their communities. Together, we fight cancer.
Location/Region: Nashville, TN