Seeking Neonatal Nurse Practitioner for Level III NICU practice in Phoenix, AZ at Banner Thunderbird!
Envision Physician Services is seeking a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner to join the team within the Banner Health System in Phoenix, AZ --- specifically at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center. Our group provides Neonatology services at 6-facilities within the Banner system with both Level II and Level III NICUs throughout the Phoenix market. The ideal candidate will have strong Level III skills, be comfortable working in an autonomous environment, exhibit confidence in decision-making, and work well in a team. We are open to both experienced and new grad NNP candidates.
- Cohesive team of Neos and Allied Health Providers – Strong NNP presence!
- Flexible self-scheduling for work/life balance (days, nights, and 24s)
- Robust benefits which include medical, dental, vision, and 401k (Effective day 1!)
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Staffing Model: 6 Neonatologists/32 APPs
- Cover at multiple facilities with varied volume/acuity
- Core site is Banner Thunderbird (Level III)
- Day, night, or 24-hr shifts
- Neos round during the day at multiple facilities;
- Call from home at night w/ 30-min response time
- Centralized self-scheduling to optimize work/life balance:
- 3-month blocks
- Request days off and days to work
- Try to honor requests as much as possible
- Collegial and collaborative culture between physicians and AHPs
- Strong APP leadership structure
- Director of Allied Health
- NNP Liaison for each facility
- NNP Educator role
- APPs are treated as equals and well-respected in the practice
- Heavily involved in QI work, P&P implementation, and education/program development
- Personal and professional development opportunities available.
- Innovative practice with Tele-NICU coverage:
- Starting in March 2020 at some sites
- Follow-up program in the works as well
With over 30 years of high-quality Women’s & Children’s services and more than 100 service contracts, Envision Physician Services is a trusted strategic partner for established hospitals and health systems. Combining a national infrastructure with local support, our breadth and depth of clinical and operational resources allow our physicians to spend more time on what matters: delivering high-quality care.
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) within Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is uniquely equipped to care for the most complex needs of babies and their mothers. The NICU is certified by the Arizona Perinatal Trust as a Level III unit providing the highest level of neonatal care. Nonprofit Banner Health is headquartered in Phoenix and operates 25 hospitals and other related health entities and services in seven states. Banner Health has rapidly evolved from a health system of hospitals to a fully integrated system that now includes significantly expanded services through Banner Health Network and the Banner Medical Group.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package effective on day one, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
Location/Region: Glendale, AZ