Part Time Grocery Store Associate
Hannaford is hiring Part Time Grocery Store Associates; Bakery, Cashier/Customer Service, Center Store, Deli , Grocery Crew (Day & Night Shifts), Maintenance/Custodial, Meat, Produce, and Seafood Associates.
Positions vary per store.
1. Provide outstanding friendly customer service. Communicate with and assist customers in selection of product.
2. Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise, preparation of products or setting up displays, etc.
3. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
4. Perform all assigned cleaning functions in accordance with company standard practices.
5. Maintain the quality of department’s appearance and presentation.
6. Scan the purchases of a customer into the cash register efficiently and accurately.
7. Recognize or differentiate between all of the various types of produce merchandise carried in the store, including differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g., apples, lettuces, etc.).
8. Bag or package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures..
9. Stock the fresh, frozen, and self-service cases using proper rotation procedures.
10. BOTTLES where applicable: Sort returnable bottles in compliance with vendor requirements.
11. Must be available nights and weekends.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
2. Maintain a neat and well-groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with personal appearance policy.
3. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervisor.
4. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
5. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
6. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect
7. Observe and maintain company’s sanitation and food safety standards.
8. Perform all other duties as assigned.
-Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
-Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
-Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
-Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions.
1. Dependent upon position, you may be required to bend and lift product ranging from 15 lbs. up to 75 lbs.
2. Work in and out of inclement weather when necessary
3. Operate controls and feel objects, and use tools to prepare products.
4. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.
5. Stand and walk 100% of the time.
The essential job functions, duties and responsibilities and physical requirements listed are a select representation of duties required, and may not be limited to the above. Specific duties and functions of each available position will be discussed at time of interview.
Apply On-line Apply On-line
Location/Region: Londonderry, NH