Our Semi-Skilled technicians will diagnose and perform vehicle maintenance and repairs, while following standard operating procedures and safety guidelines. The success of a semi-skilled technician is measured by efficiency, productivity, and attention to detail. Our ongoing automotive technician training and state of the art technology allows our technicians to diagnose and perform repairs as easily and accurately as possible. At the Walser Automotive Group, we pride ourselves in keeping our technicians competitive, up to date, and performing at a top level.
* Responsible for handling work on the Exhaust system of a vehicle, changing and rotating tires, battery installation and battery cable replacement
* Perform installation of accessories and shock absorbers, not including; A/C and air shocks
* Responsible for replacing coolant hoses, mirrors, belts, signals, W/S washers, head Lamps and bulbs as well as aligning and replacing the lamp assembly and courtesy switch
* Clean and Replace P.C.V
* Diagnose and fix squeaks and rattles, wind noise and water leaks
* Clock and cigarette replacement IF it doesn’t require the dash to be disassembled
* Perform manufacturer minor recalls
* Perform work as outlined on the repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
* Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
* Communicate with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time
* Road test vehicles when required
* Understand, keeps abreast of, and comply with federal, state and local regulations; such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
* Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
* Document all work performed on the repair order
* Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner
* Embrace and exhibit Walser CORE values
Do the Right Thing • Lead by Example • Display Positive Energy • Be Open Minded
* Must have a valid Driver’s license with an acceptable driving record to Walser policy and procedures
* 2 year Automotive Degree or equivalent work experience
* Proven experience working within a team environment
* Past experience working with a high level of urgency
* High level of detail orientation and accuracy
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
* Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
* Up to date ASE certifications
WALSER TECHNICIAN BENEFITS AND EMPLOYEE PERKS:
* Career Growth and promotion opportunities
* Employee Discounts on New/Used Vehicles, Service, and Parts
* Employee Referral Bonus Program
* Healthcare Benefits, 401k, Disability, Life Insurance, PTO, and Volunteer Opportunities
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Tool Reimbursement- up to $2,500!
* ASE Certification Reimbursement * Ongoing training and development
Walser Automotive Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements.
Walser Automotive Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Location/Region: Wayzata, MN (55391)