Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) - Psychiatric Mental Health job in Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
· Veterans and Military Spouses Encouraged to Apply
· Civilian position on Hurlburt Field
· Monday-Friday days Benefits:
· Health and Welfare Benefits
· 401(k) available
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick Time
· LTD, STD, and medical, dental, life, and vision options available Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) - Psychiatric Mental Health Job Overview:
· Provide a full range of nurse practitioner services in accordance with privileges granted by the credentials committee (e.g., completes comprehensive/psychiatric mental health assessments, diagnosis, short-term individual, couple, family and group psychotherapy and medication prescription as delineated by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, and monitoring for acute and chronic psychiatric illnesses).
· Interviews patients and/or significant others to obtain and record clear, logical and concise psychiatric and health history. Performs physical assessment as indicated.
· Develops treatment plans that sets goals to meet identified mental health needs evaluates responses to intervention, reviews treatment plans and reevaluates as necessary according to applicable regulations.
· Provides psychiatric/mental health care to patients, and their families, through crisis intervention, individual, group, and family therapy.
· Provides accurate psychiatric diagnoses and formulates treatment plans both independently, and within a multidisciplinary team.
· Prescribes medication from the approved facility formulary. Instructs patients in the proper use, side effects and efficacy of prescribed medications within the scope of practice.
· Orders and monitors the appropriate lab studies and/or X-rays to assist in competent and safe diagnoses and to substantiate medical intervention. Persists in close follow-up of any abnormal findings with appropriate physician referral.
· Coordinates the inpatient/outpatient aspect of patient care when appropriate, including coordination with other health care providers, family members and duty section.
· Assesses physical condition, and orders various tests (e.g., laboratory, neurological, and psychological) as indicated.
· Provides mental health consultation to the health care facility staff and mental health services to patients and significant others.
· Promotes population based primary mental health care and disease prevention through direct patient care management and consultation in primary care optimization settings.
· Completes evaluations, consultations, and referrals appropriately. Requests consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
· Communicates, collaborates, and works effectively with clients, families and employees.
· Assesses patients.
· Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
· Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed.
· Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) - Psychiatric Mental Health Job Qualifications:
· Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BSN)
· Masters Degree in Nursing
· Certification: PMHNP (Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurse Credentialing Center)
· One year experience in mental health or psychiatric care for adults, individuals, families, couples or group therapy.
· Licensure: Nurse Practitioner. Any U.S. state.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) by the American Heart Association
Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Location/Region: Baker, FL (32531)