This is a temporary task force position; duration of assignment will vary based on your availability and client's need. It can be between 2 weeks to 2-3 months. If you reside out of assignment location, you will be reimbursed for airfare, meals, transportation. Lodging is provided at no cost.
- Prior experience in full-service hotels is required
- Marriott experience is a plus
- Union experience is highly desired
The Banquet Manager oversees and supervises all phases of all type of banquet functions, and coordinates activity on a daily basis. The Banquet Manager also oversees banquet events ensuring all service standards, and departmental policies are followed by banquet staff.
· Planning the venue layout according to the number of guests and the type of event.
· Determining the number of table waiters and servers required.
· Supervising the placement of tables, chairs, cutlery, plates, glasses, table linens, centerpieces, heating lamps, serving utensils, and carving stations.
· Responsible for making the function space visually appealing and presenting the menu offering for the event.
· Responsible for the overall sanitation and cleanliness of the work areas, banquet rooms and storage areas.
· Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer needs are met.
· Supervise events and team members throughout service.
· Resolve staff and customer concerns quickly and efficiently.
· Scheduling, training, and evaluating employees performance.
Founded in August of 2005 in Gulfport, MS in an effort to aid with the clean-up and reconstruction efforts along the US Gulf Coast after being hit by Hurricane Katrina. Shortly thereafter, Staff Pro began filling vacant positions primarily in hotels and casinos left by the exodus of the local population. With a commitment towards service and relationship building, Staff Pro grew organically as new accounts were obtained by word of mouth. Today, we pride ourselves in servicing over 400 customers and employing more than 3000 talented individuals nationwide.
Staff Pro’s niche within the broader U.S. staffing industry is the offering of employee services to management companies of hotels, resorts, and casinos, although, in an attempt to safeguard our employees from the pandemic’s impact on the hospitality sector, we have successfully penetrated other industries, transforming into a company that is more agile and expansive.
Today, Staff Pro delivers comprehensive staffing, outsourcing, sanitization and facility support services in multiple industries throughout the United States.