Hardware Engineer - Immediate opening!
If you’re a Hardware Engineer with strong PCB schematic and PCB layout experience for analog hardware development then please read on! You will also support various other design and implementation tasks, including requirements reviews, design documentation updates, test development, and end-user documentation.
2+ years of practical hardware design/development experience required. Experience developing in Altium preferred.
6 months+ Contract
Responsibilities of the Hardware Engineer:
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Debugging instrumentation (volt meters, loop calibrators, etc.)
- Motion control theory involving coordinated motion, stepper motors, feedback theory utilizing resolvers, and basic digital and analog I/O debugging skills.
- Running and testing tools and sub systems with existing software and operating instructions, resolve electrical issues (incorrect wiring, parameter settings, etc) as they are discovered.
Requirements of the Hardware Engineer:
- US Citizen
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of practical hardware design/development experience required.
- Motion Control Troubleshooting - LabVIEW experience is a plus
- Technical writing skills
- Strong hands-on work skills for equipment/tooling assembly, checkout, testing, refurb/repair, and on-site troubleshooting
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.
Location/Region: Lynchburg, VA (24501)