The Weill Cornell Internal Medicine Associates (WCIMA) at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medicine is looking for a general internist to serve as a primary care doctor to a panel of medically complex patients, a teacher and supervisor of medical students and/or residents and a contributor to our academic mission.
- Delivering compassionate, culturally sensitive, high quality primary care.
- Diagnosing and treating acute illnesses, such as bacterial and viral infections, as well as chronic diseases and conditions, such as hypertension, heart disease, or diabetes.
- Providing health and wellness advice to patients, including diet, physical activity, and disease prevention.
- Coordination with other services and specialists, when necessary.
- Maintaining and complying with documentation and communication best practices.
- Participation in quality and practice improvement initiatives.
- Precepting medical students and/or medical residents in their care of outpatients.
- Contributing to research and other scholarship activities in the division.
- Engagement in mentoring, teaching and other academic activities.
- Doctor of medicine (MD) degree
- 3 to 7 years’ internship and clinical residency training, specializing in internal medicine.
- Certification by The American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) in internal medicine.
- Valid and active medical license in the state you wish to practice.
Location/Region: New York, NY (10021)