Located on 27 lush oceanfront acres in the heart of the Florida Keys, and embodying the essence of a tropical paradise and island escape, Cheeca Lodge & Spa beckons guests to relax, "be yourself", and create treasured memories with family, friends or colleagues. Newly renovated in 2018, its fresh sophistication - evoking the textures of its environmentally diverse surrounds - complements the spirited tradition of barefoot elegance, genuine service and warm hospitality that personifies this legendary island home. Its lush palm-fringed grounds, contemporary island décor, myriad leisure pursuits and diverse coastal cuisine will continue to define Cheeca as a destination for both leisure and business, and champion its storied reputation as the pioneer of luxury in the Florida Keys.
I. Job Summary
The Assistant Restaurant Manager is a leadership position responsible for assisting in the management of the resort restaurants. The Assistant Restaurant Manager enforces compliance to state and resort standards at the direction of the Director of F&B, while motivating employees to deliver exceptional guest service.
• Job Responsibilities
• Collaborate with Director of F&B to control costs, maximize profits, be current and provide unique dining experiences.
• Seek opportunities to establish the resort restaurant's prominent position within the competitive market.
• Review and analyze monthly results, highlight problem areas and discuss these with the Director of F&B and appropriate staff. Ensure appropriate action is taken to rectify issues.
• Act as an ambassador for Cheeca.
• Participate in Cheeca special events and promotional functions, maintaining a high profile with current and prospective clients.
• Be aware of current trends in the industry and make suggestions how these could be implemented for the benefit of the resort.
• Attend meetings and training courses as required and continually strive for the improvement of professional skills.
• Remain current and set expectations for enforcing the highest standards of safety, sanitation, and hygiene according to State Board of Health.
• Ensure guest delight with quality and presentation of all menu items and service.
• Assess guest satisfaction by visiting with dining patrons daily and reviewing guest comments.
• Exemplify the level of guest service that is expected of all employees.
• Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner. Coordinate all group requests and needs
• Handle all guest complaints in a timely manner, maintaining a positive impression with the guest on resolving any complaints.
• Follow up to ensure complaints or problems are resolved and action is taken to avoid recurrence.
• Recruit, interview, hire, train, evaluate and fire staff following resort policies and procedures.
• Handle disciplinary counseling as needed according to policy.
• Conduct team briefings.
• Communicate with staff and supervisors to ensure operational needs are met so the guest experience is a positive memorable one.
• Answer all questions pertaining to existing menus
• Coach employees to reinforce positive behavior and to improve performance as needed.
• Motivate and inspire staff to implement guest-service standards and policies that distinguish Cheeca from the competition.
• Maintain open and productive relationship with Human Resources.
• Supervise guest service to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
• Coordinate with sales department to prepare for upcoming events.
• Ensure that standards set forth by Cheeca Lodge & Spa as well as state regulations are in compliance.
• Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions and inventory control.
• Maintain control systems that will assure quality and portion consistency; monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications.
• Ensure proper management of Cheeca's assets including china, silver, glass, food inventories, beverage inventories and equipment.
Train staff on the economic impact of portion controls, proper food preparation and other cost controls.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• College Degree Required
• Hotel/Restaurant Management Degree Preferred
Skills and Experience (Essential)
• At least 18 years of age
• At least five years in food and beverage supervisory position with at least one year in luxury resort setting
• At least 1 year in a management position
• Basic computer skills
• Possess a good command of the English language and ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate with guests, both in person and by telephone
• Food knowledge
• Beverage knowledge
• Thorough knowledge of hotel services and facilitiesSkills and Experience (Preferred)
• Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Location/Region: Tavernier, FL