Located on 27 lush oceanfront acres in the heart of the Florida Keys, and embodying the essence of a tropical paradise and island escape, Cheeca Lodge & Spa beckons guests to relax, "be yourself", and create treasured memories with family, friends or colleagues. Newly renovated in 2018, its fresh sophistication - evoking the textures of its environmentally diverse surrounds - complements the spirited tradition of barefoot elegance, genuine service and warm hospitality that personifies this legendary island home. Its lush palm-fringed grounds, contemporary island décor, myriad leisure pursuits and diverse coastal cuisine will continue to define Cheeca as a destination for both leisure and business, and champion its storied reputation as the pioneer of luxury in the Florida Keys.
I. Job Summary
Often the first and last contact for our guests, the Assistant Front Office Manager is a critical link to guest satisfaction. Responsibilities include supervising staff, welcoming guests, processing registration and check-out, anticipating guest needs and meeting or exceeding those needs, responding to and resolving guest inquires and complaints, coordinating with other departments to ensure guests feel well-cared for and valued. This person should be very comfortable interacting with guests and potential clients in a highly professional manner.
II. Job Responsibilities
• Assists Resort Manager in managing the staffing of positions including front desk, bell station and gate.
• Assist Resort Manager in training, motivating and inspiring staff to apply guest service standards and policies that will distinguish Cheeca from the competition.
• Attend and/or conduct team briefings as needed.
• Maintain a personal demeanor that is friendly, cheerful and courteous at all times.
• Greet guests by name.
• Ensure that all guests feel welcomed to the property.
• Register guests and assign rooms.
• Conduct check-out processes.
• Generate reservations for restaurant, transportation or hotel/resort amenities.
• Ensure guest satisfaction by responding to guest inquiries with accurate information and a positive attitude.
• Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
• Respond to phone calls, and retrieve guest mail, faxes and packages.
• Promote hotel amenities and services to guests using personal knowledge and effective selling techniques.
• Welcome and effectively resolve guest questions, issues and complaints with supervisor assistance as needed.
• Provide constant and consistent communication with other departments and supervisors/managers in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Attend team briefings.
• Handle cash, credit card, currency conversions and other financial transactions.
• Post charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone to ledger.
• Compute or adjust bill, collect payment, and make change for guests.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED.
Skills and Experience (Essential)
• At least 18 years of age
• Basic computer skills
• Must be able to read, communicate effectively and have superb interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work well under pressure while retaining tact and composure when resolving guest complaints
Skills and Experience (Preferred)
• Management or supervisory experience
• Experience with programs such as Vision One, Galaxy, Lightspeed or RTP
• Communication in other languages is helpful
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Location/Region: Islamorada, FL