Your Career. Our Company. Together, We Grow.
At Southern Illinois Healthcare (SIH), we realize that in order to provide our surrounding communities with excellent care, we must begin by providing our employees with that same care and appreciation. We offer rich opportunities to develop and grow professionally, an environment of excellence in patient care, and the awareness that everything we accomplish is a direct outgrowth of the superb efforts and dedication of our employees.
As a non-profit system of almost 4000 employees, we have won national acclaim for our cancer, cardiac, stroke, bariatric, breast imaging, and rehabilitation services.
The Lab Phlebotomist
is responsible for collecting and processing patient specimens for the diagnosis and treatment of disease under the supervision of a Medical Technician, Medical Technologist, Section Supervisor, Clinical Laboratory Manager, or Medical Director.
$14.56/hr minimum - $18.20/hr maximum (range increases based on education, experience and certifications)
· Analyzes lab specimens
· Register outpatients and/or specimens received from outside customers, as necessary.
· Handle and distribute all laboratory reports according to current guidelines.
· Assists with reception and front office duties as necessary.
· Properly identify and label all specimens according to hospital and laboratory policy.
· Responsible for the collection and processing of specimens
· Presents to all patients and customers (internal and external) as a professional, with respect to appearance and demeanor.
· Floats within the laboratory when the workload indicates including reception and clinical laboratory
· Maintains equipment and stocking of supplies
· Prepare specimens for send out to reference laboratory (DCL, Quest, etc.)
· Performs the duties of the Laboratory/Pathology Representative and Front Office Staff.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Current Illinois Drivers License for Outreach
· COVID vaccination
· COVID vaccination
Location/Region: Harrisburg, IL