Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Architect, Enterprise Architecture, you’ll responsible for providing technical leadership, including the design, development and delivery of business technology-enabled applications, products and services. You’ll define and maintain solution, technical, integration and data architectures for LTL applications. Become a part of our rapidly growing global team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
Determines and gathers work estimates for projects.
- Define and maintain all aspects of solution, technical, integration and data architecture for LTL applications and ensure that the architecture is the best fit for LTL considering cost, complexity, and speed of execution.
- Coordinates technical tasks with tech lead and project manager and helps the team deliver solution in a timely manner.
- Identifies and communicates risks to the business; investigates and proposes new tools and frameworks to deliver quality products faster.
- Research new technologies, maintain roadmap of adopted technologies, conduct Proof of Concept/Technology, build and maintain developer tools, maintain standards, patterns and best practices, code review, ensure code reusability and use of standards, patterns and best practices to drive consistency across all applications.
- Guides teams in creating technical designs that meets the functional and performance requirements
- Mentors' developers and helps resolve technical roadblocks; recognizes organizational/team challenges and address them with management.
- Define and maintaining standards and patterns, developer tools, technology upgrades, and mentoring and guiding developers thru adoption of standards and patterns, tools and technologies.
- Meet project schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirement
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of demonstrated experience in an architect role
It’d be great if you also have:
- 8+ years’ relevant software development experience including creating business applications with relational and non-relational database systems, within a fast-paced software development environment.
- 4+ years demonstrated experience in an architect role.
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Location/Region: Beaverton, OR (97007)