The Orlando Health Medical Group invites you to explore our OBGYN Generalist Faculty opportunities within a thriving physician-led, growing healthcare system. We are seeking full-time, part-time Physicians to provide comprehensive obstetric and gynecological care for all members of our community, with a passion for teaching within our fully accredited OBGYN Residency Program. These positions will provide coverage for Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies and in the outpatient setting, allowing for full scope generalist practice or specialization in just OB or GYN.
The Winnie Palmer OBGYN Generalist Faculty is structured in a hospitalist model with protected academic time monthly. We offer diverse clinical opportunities, to include a Women’s Triage department, providing surgical services, and managing over 4,000 deliveries per year with the residency team. Orlando Health provides robust operational support and resources in a collaborative work environment. Internal consultative partners include Maternal Fetal Medicine, Urogynecology, and Gynecologic Oncology, among others.
Teaching Hospitalist Practice Highlights:
- Flexible Schedule of 13 clinical and 1 academic shifts per month (for fulltime), inclusive of day, night, swing, and weekend coverage, with rotations in L&D, outpatient clinic, and GYN services.
- Teaching duties as faculty member for the Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital OBGYN residency program and medical students from outside colleges.
- Participate in resident didactic sessions, Multidisciplinary Patient Safety Rounds, clinical research, and development of resident curriculum.
- Must be Board certified or board eligible in obstetrics and gynecology
- Preferred: 1-2 years of teaching experience. If recent residency graduate, significant experience with medical student teaching, research, and mentorship.
- Excellent compensation package, with an opportunity to make more with additional shifts and based on quality performance.
- Benefits package includes health/vision/dental insurance along with full malpractice coverage, disability coverage, deferred compensation, and retirement savings options.
- Generous sign-on bonus!
- No state income tax!
- Greater Orlando offers direct access to Florida’s world-famous theme parks and attractions.
- Our lifestyle options have something for everyone, from the downtown districts for those enjoying a trendy urban flair, to family-oriented communities with top-rated public and private schools.
- We have ample outdoor activities including large public parks for your kids and pets, hiking and biking trails, abundant lake access for kayaking, fishing and paddle boarding, with Florida’s beautiful beaches only an hour away.
Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies is dedicated exclusively to the unique healthcare needs of women and babies in a caring, family-centered environment. An extraordinary Orlando Health facility, we are home to leading physicians, surgeons and specialists, as well as one of the nation’s largest and most successful neonatal intensive care units. Our physicians provide specialized care that covers all facets of women’s health, from comprehensive gynecological services and minimally invasive surgeries to obstetrics and high-risk pregnancies and births.
Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies is the largest facility dedicated to children and women in the United States. We have many strengths that make us a leader in women’s healthcare. Among them:
- Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital has one of the most experienced labor and delivery units in the nation, delivering 12,000-15,000 babies every year.
- Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is the fourth largest in the United States.
- We are a Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Hospital for the State of Florida, whereby high-risk obstetrical patients and their infants are referred to our specialists.
- Through every stage of life, from the childbearing years and beyond, our services focus on the individual healthcare needs of women and babies in a warm and caring, family-centered environment.
Location/Region: Windermere, FL (34786)