Abstractors will be traveling to the court house and using software to search real estate records, examine titles, and/or summarize pertinent legal and/or insurance documents or details for a variety of purposes.
What you do:
- Search, examine and/or summarize lists of mortgages, contracts, and other instruments pertaining to titles by searching public and private records for law firms, real estate agencies, or title insurance companies.
- Examine documentation such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, plat books, maps, contracts, and agreements to verify factors such as properties’ legal descriptions, ownership, or restrictions
- Examine individual titles to determine if restrictions, such as delinquent taxes, will affect titles and limit property use.
- Prepare reports describing any title encumbrances encountered during searching activities, and outlining actions needed to clear titles.
- Copy or summarize recorded documents, such as mortgages, trust deeds, and contracts, that affect property titles.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of land-related documents accepted for registration, preparing rejection notices when documents are not acceptable.
- Prepare lists of all legal instruments applying to a specific piece of land and the buildings on it.
- Prepare real estate closing statements, using knowledge and expertise in real estate procedures.
What you need:
- 3 years of experience in field examining
- Court house contacts
- Basic concepts of Field Examination
- Residential Real Estate knowledge
What we offer:
- Above market pay- commensurate with experience
- Great Benefits
- Supportive and collaborative management with industry expertise
- Pleasant environment contributing to an outstanding employee retention
- Ability to grow within our ever-expanding organization
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Location/Region: Westbury, NY (11590)