WHO WE ARE
Old Chicago’s vision is to be the market leader in the craft beer focused dining category. We believe for us to achieve that vision it is necessary to deliver perfectly crafted experiences every time. The heartbeat of our brand is the best local and regional craft beers – handcrafted pizza and distinctive Taproom Fare – a place to discover, share & connect. This is a great vision filled with wonderful goals, all of which can only happen by the performance of one key person in our organization – YOU!!!
You are truly the key to our future success. We want you to become a part of our great team. We chose a fairly unique way of expressing this – not from stories from corporate, not from something you read in a book, but from stories from our valued team members. They will tell you their stories of the Touchstones and will make sure you understand the values we choose to abide by.
If all of us follow the Touchstones, we really can deliver perfectly crafted experiences every time! (And even do it while having fun!)
Learn from the stories, follow where they lead, and soon you will have stories to tell others.
Welcome to Old Chicago!!
We are looking for a professional Line Cook/Prep Cook to prepare food to the exact specifications and to set up stations for the menu. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stocked stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report, and follow instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality, and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Previous restaurant experience preferred.
- The candidate must possess the ability to deal with customers and co-workers in a tactful and respectful manner.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests, employees and supervisors.
- Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving and organizational skills are a must.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate.
- Dedicated to meeting and/or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Trusted and is seen as a truthful individual who is highly respectful of others.
- Consistently exhibits courteous, respectful, and appropriate communication and presents information in a concise and understandable format.
- Cooperate with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and common objectives.
- Contributes to a positive work environment, fosters collaboration, and provides a tangible contribution.
- Meet requirements of regular attendance in order to effectively complete job responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Strong work ethic and full commitment to guest satisfaction
- 100% commitment to a teamwork approach
- Knowledge of Aloha preferred
- Knowledge of craft beer preferred
- ServSafe Alcohol & Food certification preferred