Our Fortune 500 client is looking for an Internal Auditor on a Contract or Contract to Hire basis.
- Evaluate and test internal controls over financial reporting in accordance with the requirements of SOX 404.
- Documenting Company processes (flowcharts & narratives).
- Identifying points of risk.
- Evaluating the design and testing the operating effectiveness of internal controls, including manual and IT related.
- Preparing test of control documentation in accordance with auditing standards
- Evaluate and test internal controls and processes and ensure compliance with accounting and operating policies. .
- Assist in carrying out enterprise-wide risk assessments and collaborate with Management to determine the appropriateness of mitigating activities addressing strategic, financial, compliance, and operational risks.
- Help improve processes.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Work experience at a Big 4 accounting / consulting firm/ or Fortune 500 preferred.
- General understanding of accounting & finance concepts and an advanced understanding of audit methodology.
- Some travel (domestic and international).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to internal and external query's.
Location/Region: Miami, FL (33222)