Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID :10944
Employment Type :Full Time
Job Category :Inventory Management Specialist
Work Location : Findlay, OH
State or Province :Ohio (US-OH)
Potential Work Location :United States : Ohio : Findlay | Toledo
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the supervision of the Solution Implementation Manager, the Inventory Management Specialist, (IMS) would be responsible for successfully implementing the various inventory management solutions offered by MSC promoting a best-in-class experience for all stakeholders. This includes driving solutions, installations, data collection, vending machine diagnostics, maintenance and training. This position is expected to focus on advanced solution selling and implementation tasks.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with all MSC Sales Teams tenable explosive sales growth through Solutions
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all MSC solutions which include but not limited to: bar coded solutions such as CMI and VMI, Vending, Crib Software, etc.
- Follows all required Salesforce protocols for project and time management
- Drives proficiencies in the following areas:
- Solutions discovery including data collection
- Solutions recommendations
- Break Fix (onsite service)
- Post Install Support
- Supply Chain Optimization
- Fiscal responsibility
- Cancellation support
- Adheres to service level agreements to consistently deliver best-in-class results
- Proficient knowledge with the tools, technology and related PPE is essential for success
- Provides feedback to management for continuous process improvement
- Represents MSC Solutions at branch meetings and foster partnerships with sales associates
- Supports designated team goals and objectives
- Follows all MSC policies and procedures documented in the associate handbook
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associates’ Degree or the equivalent relevant experience is required
- Minimum two (2) years supporting value-added customer solutions / inventory management programs is preferred
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and/or software preferred
- Knowledge of MSC-like product lines/services & MSC related experience is required
- Minimum of two (2) years of general sales experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Organizational & time management skills required
- Excellent Electro/Mechanical skills required
- Problem solving, and situational adaptability skills required
- Computer literacy & proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet & presentation software required
Compensation starting at $49900 - $57000 / yearly and up, dependent on experience.
- A valid driver’s license & the ability to travel 75% including overnight is required
- Must possess basic knowledge and use of hand and power tools
- Able to perform physical activities such as lifting approximately 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in various types of industrial environments
- Must adhere to customer specific requirements such as wearing hardhats, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, etc.
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and Disabled as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE to review.
Location/Region: Cleveland, Ohio