Mid-Columbia Medical Center (MCMC) is seeking to add a full-time Physician for the Emergency Department. This is a great opportunity to join a community-focused health system that is dedicated to providing exceptional clinical care in an environment that promotes healing, health and wellness.
Located 85 miles east of Portland in the majestic Columbia River Gorge, The Dalles features old-growth forests, rushing waterfalls, and year-round access to outdoor recreation, including downhill and cross-country skiing, world-class water sports, and miles of hiking and mountain biking trails. The area boasts award-winning wineries, affordable housing, and, most importantly, warm, friendly people.
Founded in 1901, MCMC is a nationally recognized, nonprofit health system dedicated to serving residents of The Dalles and its surrounding communities. MCMC has been named one of Oregon’s top workplaces.
- Physician evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with diseases and adverse health conditions.
- MCMC believes that each employee makes a difference to our success. These contributions should not be limited by assigned responsibilities. Therefore, the position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but should not limit the work to solely what is identified and likewise should not be a task list. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our collaborative efforts.
- These expectations apply to all employees of MCMC, and it is your responsibility to understand, adhere to and maintain compliance in all areas.
- Complete mandatory education, annual competencies and department specific education within established timeframes.
- Complete annual employee health requirements within established timeframes.
- Maintained license/certification, registration in good standing throughout evaluation year.
- Consistently utilized appropriate universal precautions, protective equipment, and ergonomic techniques to protect patient and self.
- Regulatory agency requirements, survey process and compliance.
- Interactions with internal and external customers meet the expectations of the EEC standards.
- Use and disclose Protected Health Information only as needed to carry out tasks that fall within the scope of your authority. Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Graduate of four-year U.S. Medical School or equivalent.
- Board eligible or board certified in Emergency Medicine. Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state(s) of practice. Active member in good standing of Hospital Medical Staff.
- ABEM BC/BE required.
- 2 years clinical experience as Emergency Attending.
- Demonstrated ability of positive interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, patients, families, physicians, and the community.
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment. Demonstrated technical skills for emergent procedures. Bedside Ultrasound skills a plus.
- Experience with using every data technology tools.
- Experience with electronic health records. EPIC electronic health record experience a plus.
- Willingness and ability to expand and maintain clinical competency in the field specialty.
- Competitive hourly with night differential
- Paid Malpractice
- Eligible for Rural Health Tax credit
- CME + Paid Professional Licenses and Dues
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Short & Long-term Disability & 401k/457b
Location/Region: The Dalles, OR (97058)