Halifax Health is seeking a Hospice and Palliative Medicine Physician to join our Team located in Port Orange, Florida!
About Halifax Health:
Halifax Health is the area’s only Level II Trauma Center serving the Volusia County community since 1928. Halifax Health is the area's largest tertiary healthcare provider. The main campus is located in Daytona Beach with 678 licensed beds, there is an 80-bed community hospital; Halifax Health Medical Center of Port Orange and a new 90-bed hospital; Halifax Health | UF Health Medical Center of Deltona which recently opened in February 2020. Halifax Health has over 500 physicians on its Medical Staff representing more than 46 medical specialties.
Halifax Health Hospice and Palliative Care is seeking a BC/BE Hospice & Palliative Medicine physician to join their growing team. Team physicians share responsibilities providing hospice interdisciplinary group support, direct care for patients in our inpatient hospice units, and supervision of our palliative teams.
Halifax Health Hospice is a forty year old not-for-profit hospice organization. The organization prides itself on the provision of compassionate, thoughtful care to patients and families. It maintains outstanding quality metrics, and is the top rated hospice in Central Florida. The hospice cares for an average daily census of 600 patients in the Volusia, Flagler, Orange, and Osceola counties and has four freestanding hospice inpatient units.
Halifax Health Palliative Care is a robust, well-respected program that is over ten years old and serves the three hospitals in the Halifax Health system. The inpatient consult team sees over 200 individual consults a month, and is composed of an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurse practitioners, a social worker and a palliative chaplain. The outpatient program has a smaller census of 100 patients.
We are looking for a compassionate physician with a willingness to lead and educate our team as we continue to grow hospice and palliative care services in our region.
- Full time, Employed position
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Must hold US citizenship or permanent residency
- Must obtain a Florida license
- Physician Governance Council allows for physician input into strategic planning and operational policies for the employed physician group
- Competitive compensation in line with MGMA standards
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision and a Matched 403(b) retirement plan, Unmatched 457 deferred comp plan also available.
- Malpractice coverage is provided
- 30 days for vacation, CME, sick, and/or holidays
- Up to $2800 per year for professional dues and memberships in 2 organizations. $3,000 for CME
- Relocation assistance/ Sign on bonuses in accordance with policy
- Qualifying employer for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness program
About the Area: Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona Beach is rich with history, in addition to the 23 miles of white sand beaches, the community is overflowing with sporting venues, museums, band shell concerts, night life, parks, wildlife, water activities and family fun. There are excellent private and public schools including a top 10 ranked International Baccalaureate high school. There are three Universities including Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University which is ranked in the top 5 for small private engineering schools. Live by the beach while making a difference at a respected safety net hospital with a job you will love. Come for the lifestyle, stay for the career.
Location/Region: Port Orange, FL (32129)