School Counselor - Behavior Interventionist
· Behavior Interventionist/School Counselor positions available for 2022-2023 School Year!
· Peoria, Arizona
· Part-Time - (20 hours weekly) and Full-Time hours available (40 hours weekly)!
· Arizona ADE Certificate in One of these fields: General Education, Special Education, Counseling, Social Work.
· Certification / Bachelor's Degree Required; Master's Degree preferred
· Must have current IVP Card
We value our School Counselors and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child’s life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
· Medical, Dental and Vision
· Short and Long Term Disability
· Life Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· Professional Development
· Continuing Education and more!
HealthPRO® Pediatrics is a national leading provider of highly skilled School Counselors and educators. We hire School Counselors who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in Counseling that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented School Counselor that wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company.
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Director of Recruitment – Peds/School Division
· Serves as a liaison with Teachers and Parents
· Serve as mediators
· Provide solutions to students
· May contribute to formulating and preparing school regulations and policies.
· Maintain Effective Communication, Collaborate with Multiple disciplines to determine best care
· Provide documentation in accordance with IEP guidelines: Ensure that progress is properly represented in documentation
· Exhibit Professionalism at all times
· Act as a resource to the Child Study Team, Problem Solving Team, and District Threat Assessment Team for a student who exhibits social/emotional/behavioral difficulties.
• Completes classroom observations for students exhibiting social/emotional/behavioral needs.
• Assists the general education teacher in supporting students that exhibit social/emotional/behavioral needs within the general education setting.
• Participates as a member of the Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team (MET) to determine if a student has social/emotional/behavioral needs or meets eligibility criteria.
• Participates in Individual Education Plan (IEP) team meetings to collaborate on initial, annual, and review IEPs for a student with social/emotional/behavioral needs.
• Implements and provides the specially designed instruction and/or related services of social/emotional/behavioral support written in students’ IEPs.
• Consults and/or writes contracts or Behavior Intervention Plans and conducts fidelity checks.
• Assists teachers and staff in implementation of contracts or Behavior Intervention Plans.
• Consults with administration and staff on alternatives to suspension.
• Conducts, participates and collaborates on Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBA).
• Develops and/or monitors progress toward behavior goals in the frequency indicated on the IEPs and provides communication to students’ parents/guardians (at least quarterly) as required by IDEA.
• Completes and updates census information on an ongoing basis.
• Attends required Behavior Health Specialists department meetings and trainings.
• Works with school staff to establish a schedule to provide student services.
• Creates a safe environment conducive to student learning
· Adheres to all policies of the company, including job descriptions, certifications requirements, mission statement, HIPAA, confidentiality standards and patient rights
· Ability to work in a team-like atmosphere, collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of therapists, teaching staff, physicians, social workers and students family members
· Master’s or Doctoral Degree in School Counseling or Counseling Psychology
· Must hold a current certification/license in the state of Arizona
· Complete Clinical Work Requirements
· 1 year of verifiable, supervised professional experience within the last 3 years
· Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development
Recruiter : Email Address
Location/Region: Glendale, AZ