Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Software Engineer, you will participate in the design and implementation of high-volume, high-availability and low-latency web services for business-critical systems. You’ll also work with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops solutions to resolve them. If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, join XPO and help us revolutionize how goods are transported around the globe.
You will have the opportunity to work with the latest cutting-edge technologies such as, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Framework, Microservices, Rest APIs, Angular, Kubernetes, Kafka, Google Cloud Platform, Symphony Ensemble, Kibana, Elasticsearch, SQL databases. While there is minimal maintenance work, the majority of work this role is focused on true build and enhancement. Join us as we disrupt and transform the transportation industry through technology.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Design and implement high-volume, high-availability and low-latency Java web services and REST-APIs using Java Enterprise Edition. Utilizes industry standards and XPO company best practices and processes to create enterprise grade web services
- Analyze product requirements and ensures web services meet technical specifications and business requirements
- Provide estimates as required, writes functional specifications and detailed design specifications
- Is available for testing/support on scheduled deployment dates that are designated by the standardized change management process
- Participate in collaborative code reviews conducted with colleagues and team members; coordinate the deployment and implementation of software solutions
- Evaluate the proper functioning and performance of software components using repeatable, reproducible, and reportable software testing methodologies
- Evaluate new technologies for inclusion in developed software solutions; introduce new industry standards and techniques that deliver improved software solutions
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of experience in software solutions development, preferably in medium to large corporate environments or with commercial software companies
- Expert-level programming skills in Java EE or J2EE, JPA, Spring MVC
- Experience with industry standard IDEs such as RAD, Eclipse, Visual Studio, WebStorm and VSCode
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (DB2/UDB, Oracle, MySQL)
- Solid experience creating and consuming distributed data services (REST APIs, Messaging Buses)
- Experience in rapid programming, agile development, software patterning, and refactoring techniques
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or a related technical field
- Working knowledge of JSF, Java Script, JSP
- 4 years of experience in software solutions development, preferably in medium to large corporate environments or with commercial software companies
- Logistics and/or transportation management and business analysis experience
Be part of something big. #PIQ
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Location/Region: Tualatin, OR (97062)