Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Manager, Human Resources, you will promote employee engagement and act as a liaison between employees and management to foster a positive employee relations atmosphere. We’ll look to you to champion our values, ensuring a differentiated and engaged workforce, and an exciting career for yourself.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Administer Human Resources (HR) policies and programs to ensure compliance in staffing and recruitment, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, time and attendance record keeping, and personnel records administration
- Manage all aspects of the HR department, including administration, legal compliance, policy/procedure enforcement, benefits, compensation, hiring, onboarding, performance management, training, retention and termination
- Keep senior management and operations informed of internal and external HR developments that may impact overall effectiveness
- Investigate a variety of employee-related issues, incidents and complaints; resolve disputes and recommend appropriate/remedial actions
- Develop and implement programs or information regarding HR policies, procedures or information
- Support a values-driven environment through consultation and service regarding employee engagement activities
- Manage and coach HR Representative
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work or military experience
- 5 years of HR management experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Experience in employee relations, policy and procedure administration, recruiting and staffing, HRIS and timekeeping systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Proven track record and increasing levels of responsibility in the HR field
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience in transportation/logistics and fleet management
- Demonstrated success resolving employee issues in an “open door” environment
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability to provide management with proactive ideas on creating and maintaining a positive employee relations climate
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively at all levels in the organization
- PHR/SHRM certification
- Experience building strong partnerships with leadership
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekend work; travel 25-50% of the time
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Location/Region: Portland, OR (97294)