About Day & Zimmermann’s Munitions Plants
At our Day & Zimmermann Munitions Plants, we know the stakes and We do what we say! ® We’re the team working behind the scenes to make sure our nation’s front lines have safe, high-quality ammunition. As a trusted premier manufacturer of ammunition to the U.S. Military, some of our capabilities range from production of direct and indirect fire, components, to special projects and beyond. With more than 120 years of experience behind us, it’s no surprise that our teams consistently exceed expectations! Come join in on our purpose – We put people to work, we protect American freedoms, and we help our customers power and improve the world!
We’re looking for a full-time, staff Radiographer Supervisor to join our Day & Zimmermann team located in Parsons, KS. - Working hours Mon - Thurs 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.; also has oversight of weekend crew working Fri - Sun 6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
The Radiography Supervisor directly supervises the Nondestructive Test (NDT) staff, assuring that the requirements of NAS 410 is met; directs supervision of destructive testing personnel with both functions performed through application of departmental plans, policies and procedures to accomplish satisfactory completion of departmental assignments.
Here’s the work you’ll do:
- Interprets codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the NDT methods utilized by the employer.
- Exercises technical responsibility for the NDT facility and staff.
- Selects method and technique for specific inspection of an ammunition item.
- Prepares and verifies the adequacy of radiographic (or other NDT) procedures.
- Provides and/or directs the training, examination, and certification of personnel performing radiographic (or other NDT) inspection.
This role is for you if you have these skills:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED). NDT technical training preferred.
- Five years NDT radiography experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Level III Radiographer certification required.
- Near vision must be Jaeger No. 1 or equivalent, not less than 30cm/12 inches at least one ye, natural or corrected. Must be able to adequately distinguish and differentiate colors.
- Regularly exercises initiative and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; Computer literacy.
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications
- Ability to interpret codes, standards and other contractual documents that control assigned job responsibilities.
- Ability to conduct or direct training and examination of personnel in the method certified.
- Great attitude and team player
- Successful completion of background screening process
And if you have these qualifications:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and electrical prints. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before employees of the organization.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience with machinery and equipment. Knowledge and desire to troubleshoot and resolve issues with various complex machine types and systems.
- Ability with interfacing and integrating multiple systems and platforms in automated processes.
We care about our employees and it shows. Our staff receive a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/Rx, dental and vision coverage; life, AD&D and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 100% paid maternity leave for up to 12 weeks, parental leave, family leave, other paid time off; voluntary benefits and discount programs to meet our employees’ individual needs including pet insurance for our furry family members!
To ensure a safe work environment while meeting the physical demands of the job, you must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery.
- Balancing (e.g. maintaining equilibrium when walking, climbing, crouching, etc.)
- Stooping (e.g. bending the spine at the waist)
- Reaching (e.g. reaching the arms or legs in any direction)
- Lifting motion or lifting objects more than 15 pounds
- Repetitive motion of any part of the body
- Kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Pushing or pulling (e.g. using a part of your body to press against something in a downward or outward direction or in a dragging or hauling motion)
- Manual Dexterity (e.g. picking, pinching, typing, or other working that uses fingers)
- Grasping (e.g. use of hand to apply pressure)
- Feeling (e.g. perceiving an object’s size, shape, texture, etc.)
- Climbing (e.g. ascending/descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, pole, etc. using feet and legs and hands/arms to climb)
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time.
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
- Expertise in:
- Ability to wear a mask, respirator, bullet proof vest, or other equipment.
- Ability to regularly perform all job functions at Company’s office or worksite.
- Ability to withstand environmental conditions (e.g. extreme heat or cold, grass, wind, sand, fumes, odors, gases, extreme noise, etc.)
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? APPLY NOW! Talent Acquisition Partner: Melissa DeMatteo
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over a century of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.
Location/Region: Parsons, Kansas