COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.Description:
At Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Training, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The selected candidate will become the Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) Training Integration Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of F-35 and F-16 training at Luke AFB, AZ. LVC integration is part of the services provided by the Lockheed Martin Networked Training Center - Luke AFB (NTC-L). A summary of some of the LVC SME duties include:
- Create LVC profiles in support of F-35 and F-16 syllabus training and Continuation Training (CT) missions
- Coordinate with F-35 and F-16 Fighter Squadrons (FS) to execute LVC support using a threat generation simulation such as the eXperimental Common Immersive Theater Environment (XCITE) and the TCG Battlefield Operations Support System (BOSS) for Tactical Data Link (TDL) to enhance live F-35 and F-16 syllabus training, Continuation Training sorties and Large Force Exercises
- Incorporate the latest Tactics, Techniques and Procedures into LVC training to ensure cutting edge training for all LVC participants
- Maximize current LVC capabilities to provide realistic training. Integrate LVC capabilities with other training systems (threat emitters, ACMI, Range Training Officers)
- Plan and execute LVC equipment and integration upgrades to increase training capacity and improve effectiveness
- Flex schedule as required to maximize coverage of live flying schedule
- Support SAM-1, Red Air or CAS mission coordinators with constructive entities transmitted via a common datalink network.
- Provide avionics SME support for common fighter tactical aviation such as Targeting Pods, Link-16, widely used munitions, Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems and Night Vision Systems.
- Potentially provide support of NTC-L development and testing of networked F-16 simulators as a pilot.
US citizenship is required.Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in one of the following military career fields:
- 4th or 5th Generation fighter pilot.
- Weapon System Operator in a 4th Gen fighter or bomber
- Operational DoD experience in one of the above career fields within the past 10 years.
- Must have a secret DoD security clearance prior to starting this position with a background investigation within the past 6 years from employment start date.Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previously qualified F-35 pilot
- Previously qualified F-16 pilot
- Weapons Instructor Course (WIC) or Top Gun graduate
- Fighter Training Unit Instructor Pilot or WSO
- Recent operational DoD experience
- Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) experience in fighter aviation
- Targeting Pod qualified
- Link-16 familiarity
- Understanding of J-Series messages and Link-16 nets
- Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses (SEAD) Experience
- Formal Training Unit Instructor PilotBASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
job.QualificationsLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.EXPERIENCE LEVEL:
Location/Region: Wittmann, AZ (85361)