The Lake City VA Medical Center, affiliated with the North Florida South Georgia Veterans Healthcare System seeks an Associate Chief of Geriatrics.
Ideal candidates are board certified Geriatrics trained with some management experience (medical directors, leaders, division heads).
The position will be to start 50% clinical and 50% admin (subject to grown admin in future) and based primarily out of Lake City with options to do a day or so at Gainesville weekly.
Other position highlights:
- Position will have an average of 7 employee direct reports
- Leaders/Program Developers wanted-will have flexibility to build Community Living Center program expected growth from 115 to 170 beds
- Will oversee growth processes in geriatric evaluations
- Will join a department of roughly 90 employees
- Can explore affiliate teaching duties with the University of Florida and future plans for UCF
- Medical Center offers excellent team as support system to Geriatric service
VA employment perks:
- Base salary range from $220-250K (negotiable based on candidate's qualifications, credentials and experience); and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance bonus. Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), and if approved, receive up to $200k in school loan repayment.
- No contract required or restrictions on moonlighting
- The VA offers Physicians and all employees industry leading full benefits and features package to support high quality professional practice & favorable work-life-family balance.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 11 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance available as an option
- Federal Retirement Plans thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to five percent government matching
Location/Region: Lake City, FL (32025)