The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine at Holy Cross Hospital Internal Medicine Residency, a new Internal Medicine program focused on developing the next generation of leaders in general internal medicine, is seeking a Director for the Residency Program located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The Program Director is responsible for the administrative and clinical oversight of the educational program. The Program Director is accountable for the operation of the program and must dedicate no less than 50% (20 hours per week) to the administrative and educational activities of the program. The Program Director is responsible for the operations of the program, including all activities related to recruitment, selection, instruction, supervision, advising, evaluation, documentation, and advancement of residents. The Program Director ensures continuing accreditation of the program through application of ACGME common and specialty requirements.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic individual interested in improving the practice of Internal Medicine and the care of the underserved population in South Florida.
Responsibilities of the Program Director include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring the quality of didactic and clinical education at both Holy Cross Hospital and ambulatory sites including continuity clinic sites, assuring it is within the requirements of both the ABIM and the ACGME
- Develop and maintain the curriculum
- Serve as a Faculty Mentor to the Associate Program Directors and Chief Residents.
- Maintain and lead an effective resident advising program.
- Be available and accessible to residents at both Holy Cross Hospital as well as continuity sites
- With the faculty and Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) evaluate resident performance and assure that residents are achieving the stated objectives of the program.
- Work with CCC to assure residents are assigned clinical responsibilities appropriate for their level of training and knowledge and skills, and that they have appropriate supervision.
- Recruit and guide the selections of the residents for the Program.
- Participate on the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC).
- Participate in educational programs that enhance educational and administrative skills
- This includes attendance at the Association for Program Directors in Internal Medicine conference
- Maintain current knowledge of the accreditation requirement for the residency program
- Attend additional educational related activities that are intended to improve the quality of the program
- Be actively involved in scholarly activity as evidenced by one or more of the following:
- Peer reviewed funding or publication of original research in peer reviewed journal
- Review articles or chapters in textbooks
- Publication or presentation of case reports, clinical series, innovative strategies at local, regional, or national professional and scientific society meetings
- As part of the faculty, mentor a preselected cohort of residents
- Provide semi-annual feedback and guidance in career, educational and scholarly growth.
- Provide didactic teaching in either the ambulatory or inpatient setting as asked by the Attend resident conferences, which can include Afternoon report, Morbidity and Mortality, Evidence Based medicine, board review, etc.
Requirements for this opportunity include:
- At least five years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME- accredited Internal Medicine residency program
- Maintain Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Doctorate degree in Medicine
- State of Florida Medical License
- DEA Certification
- Successful completion of Residency in Internal Medicine
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Internal Medicine faculty physician to be part of Holy Cross Hospital.
An excellent compensation and benefit package is being offered.
Location/Region: Fort Lauderdale, FL (33308)