General Purpose:Responsible for all aspects of the home health agency’s operations which includes sales, market development and the financial status in accordance with the law and regulation, and appropriate standards of practice.
Accountable for the direction of their agency’s staff and overall operation of the designated agency.
Implements directives of the governing body.
* Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local government laws and regulations, as well as policies and procedures of Interim HealthCare.
* Acts as the primary channel of communication between the owner/governing body and the organization’s employees.
* Responsible for providing leadership by effectively communicating the business plan, representing the core values of the corporation, and to ensure responsible action is takenwhen issues and problems are identified.
* Responsible for providing motivation and leadership to the operation of their business.
* Develops sound customer objectives and strategies, identifies and meets/exceeds customer expectations, and maintains customer relationships in an ongoing effort to drive higher levels of customer satisfaction.
* Responsible for the recruitment and retention of qualified employees and contractors as well as the ongoing assessment of their performance.
* Ensures that appropriate action is taken to resolve identified employee or customer concerns or complaints.
* Responsible for identifying opportunities for business growth in their local area.
* Responsible for identifying key customer/employee issues and community trends that may impact the results of the area both financially and non-financially.
* Actively involved with the development of customer initiatives.
* Identifies opportunities in the area for niche businesses and appropriately allocates resources within the budget to meet financial goals.
* Identifies opportunities for efficiencies and economies of scale in area.
* Responsible for developing and participating in pilot programs to support new business initiatives.
* Achieves defined objectives on budget, Net Operating Income (NOI), Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and revenues.
* Develops and implements the agency’s specific annual plan.
* Manages the overall operating results including pay/bill management, operating expense and accounts receivable.
* Provides primary responsibility for achieving annual budget.
* Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
* May have access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department. Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:* Has training and experience in home health service administration* One (1) year of supervisory or administrative experience in home health care or related health programs.
* Six (6) years of progressive advancement in business with at least four (4) years in the healthcare industry.
* Four (4) years of management experience that includes planning, staff supervision and P&L responsibilityKnowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written for multiple business purposes.
* Excellent successful problem solving and analytical skills.
* Excellent successful ability to develop, retain and manage an effective team.
* Excellent negotiating skills. * Excellent multi-tasking ability and effective organizational skills in order to meet short deadlines with finite resources.
* Excellent computer proficiency including the ability to utilize software programs for creating documents and data analyses.
* Meets applicable state and federal health screening requirements.
* Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background checks where required.
* Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with local, state, and federal law and regulations. Working Conditions & Physical Effort:* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* Ability to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours as needed.
* Able to engage in local and occasional out-of- town travel.
* Physical activity is light requiring occasional lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs.
or pushing/pulling small objects. Frequently walking or standing or sitting most of the time.
Location/Region: Tampa, FL (33607)