Halifax Health is the area’s only Level II Trauma Center serving the Volusia County community since 1928. Halifax Health is the area's largest tertiary healthcare provider. The main campus is located in Daytona Beach with 678 licensed beds, there is an 80-bed community hospital; Halifax Health Medical Center of Port Orange and a new 90-bed hospital; Halifax Health | UF Health Medical Center of Deltona which recently opened in February 2020. Halifax Health has over 500 physicians on its Medical Staff representing more than 46 medical specialties.
This practice offers a full range of eye care, from comprehensive eye exams to surgical procedures and treatments that help treat or cure common, rare, or complex eye conditions. Our practice is known for excellence, but also friendliness.
Halifax Health has an excellent full time employment opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible (new graduate) Ophthalmology physician. The goal of the practice is to assure patients have a positive, healthy experience. This is an exciting opportunity for the right Ophthalmology physician to be part of a well-established practice.
- Full time, Employed position.
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible.
- Must hold US citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- Must have or obtain a Florida license.
- Providing routine care such as vision testing and prescribing glasses and contact lenses.
- Performing corrective surgeries, such as repairing injuries and corneas, and removing cataracts.
- Diagnosing and treating eye diseases and injuries
- Gains proficiency in the Health System’s Electronic Medical Records (EMR ) systems
- Effectively communicates with ophthalmic technicians and office staff to ensure exceptional patient experience
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team and collaborates with subspecialists
- Participates in hospital calls to include inpatient consultations and inpatient care responsibilities
- Physician Governance Council allows for physician input into strategic planning and operational policies for the employed physician group
- Competitive compensation in line with MGMA standards; based on production and achievement of value driven quality metrics.
- Comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision and a Matched 403(b) retirement plan, Unmatched 457 deferred comp plan also available.
- Sovereign immunity covers malpractice
- 30 days for vacation, CME, sick, and/or holidays
- NO STATE INCOME TAX - keep more of your wealth for you and your family!
- Up to $2800 per year for professional dues and memberships in 2 organizations. $3,000 for CME
- Relocation assistance/ Sign on bonuses in accordance with policy
- Qualifying employer for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness program
About the Area: Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona Beach is rich with history, in addition to the 23 miles of white sand beaches, the community is overflowing with sporting venues, museums, band shell concerts, night life, parks, wildlife, water activities and family fun. There are excellent private and public schools including a top 10 ranked International Baccalaureate high school. There are three Universities including Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University which is ranked in the top 5 for small private engineering schools. Live by the beach while making a difference at a respected safety net hospital with a job you will love. Come for the lifestyle, stay for the career.
If interested, please contact Brooke Cameron, Physician Recruiter & Sr HR Representative and include CV.
Location/Region: Daytona Beach, FL (32114)