Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC 28227
Duration: 12 months or longer
Pay: $45-$50/hr. on W2
Shift: Standard 9-5
Note: Position will be split between WFH and customer location office/lab.
Our client is a global communications & technology leader known for its 4g & 5g wireless networks, broadband & fiber optics, video & advertising platforms.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
The Principal Network Engineer will use and apply their experience and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts of routing and switching technologies to create world-class network design for external F500 customers seeking network transformation. You will work directly with the customer, build trust with stakeholders, and own the design process as a network engineering subject matter expert. You will work closely with client and Customer Operations, project management, and engineering teams to ensure the customer’s requirements are met. In addition, you will provide technological vision for network transformation, serve as the engineering team lead back into client, and ensure information is flowing to engineering resources assigned to project.
Major Responsibilities include:
· Create client solutions based on business requirements involving advanced networks, data center, security, and virtualization technologies; as well as development of fault and performance management policies and automation rules
· Proactively manage client engagement at all client levels, technology lifecycle development, and planning & coordination with various internal/external stakeholders
· Support standard and custom solution development initiatives and network management device and application certification for Managed Services solutions and clients
· Collaborate with Engineering/Planning, IT, Product Development, and various client
· and external delivery and support teams to manage the design and implementation of client projects
· Provide technical trainings and support for the Managed Services Operations team
· Design, implement, and support solutions involving, but not limited to, WAN, LAN, WLAN, VoIP, Data Analytics, Security, Firewall, and Virtual (e.g.; Virtualization, SDN, NFV) technologies
· Analyze, evaluate, and communicate network capacity and performance data with the objective of driving improvements to customer's network
· Provide Matrix supervision of a team for specific projects, resource management, process documentation, and peer mentoring
· Oversee customer network documentation such as solution design document, record of change, and network diagrams
· Act as an escalation point, providing 4th level incident support for customers
· Create presentations and demonstrations related to technology, process, or client solutions as necessary
· Own design process and address critical issues
· Protect Verizon's customer proprietary network information and Verizon information assets
· Author and deliver network designs, statements of work, and technical project plans incorporating service and program management activities
· As a Subject Matter Expert in network technologies, address technical challenges and opportunities in your domain of expertise the vast majority of the time
· Act as the technical SME for network architecture to Verizon sales professionals by providing customer needs analysis, engineering and design of technical solutions, pricing and proposal assistance, technical presentations, technical consultation to internal and external customers, and to assist as the technical closer on sales opportunities
You'll need to have:
• Bachelor’s degree or eight or more years of work experience.
• Six or more years of relevant work experience as a network engineer with experience designing, implementing, and configuring complex enterprise networks
• Six or more years of relevant work experience with NXOS, IOS-XE, JUNOS
Even better if you have:
• Master's Degree and Seven or more years of experience in technology disciplines.
• Cisco CCNP/CCDP/CCDA/Meraki certification or equivalent practical knowledge, and/or Juniper JNCIS with a higher level certification preferred (example – CCIE or JNCIE).
• Possess in-depth Juniper & Cisco knowledge with MPLS network architecture and design disciplines, operational support familiarity, previous and current extensive hands-on implementation and thorough configuration knowledge and capabilities for all platform levels.
• Have very strong customer interfacing background, as well as superior oral and written communication skills.
• Extensive technical writing skills.
• In-depth knowledge of all routing protocols (For example : BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GLBP, VRF), Traffic engineering, L2/L3 VPN, multicast & class of service.
• Strong understanding and familiarity with router, LAN switch, application accelerator, wireless controller and IP Voice.
• Disciplined and oriented in practice of and adherence to process and procedures.
• Ability to research technical issues and develop solutions
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Good organizational skills
• Must be achievement orientated
• Possess problem solving skills including conceptual and analytical thinking
• Capable of working on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
• Possess ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc.
At a minimum, a 7-year background check, education verification, employment verification, and drug screen will be conducted upon hire. Your suitability for employment is contingent upon successfully passing these required pre-employment screenings.
Our client is hiring quickly so if you are excited about this opportunity, feel that your experience, attitude, and abilities would be a great fit, apply today! We’re excited to work with you.
Location/Region: Charlotte, North Carolina