This is a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities and is not all inclusive.
Incumbent(s) may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Manage resources within the technical team to meet both internal and external NPI milestones in accordance with the company's financial objectives.
- Act as the primary Product Development Engineer to customers (both internal and external) during both the NPI phase and the production of manufacturing for all parts.
- Ensure all processes are designed to meet or exceed customer requirements as specified on purchase orders, blueprints, specifications or other related documents.
- Develop, modify, & improve the metallurgical processes associated with the production of conventional and isothermal forgings in accordance with customer design requirements.
- Perform root cause analysis & implement corrective actions on processes to minimize technical issues utilizing APQP methodology.
- Continuously improve part profitability implementing testing reduction and process improvements.
- Communicate regularly with internal employees in Manufacturing, Sales, and externally with Customers.
- Perform various department and/or company projects, including planning, organizing data collection, and presentation.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by group leader and/or department head.
Location/Region: Midway, GA (31320)