At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision transforming patients lives through science.
In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change.
We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer.
Join us and make a difference. POSITION SUMMARY
The Data Science team uses the SAS programming language and other software to integrate pharmacokinetic (PK), clinical and biomarker data from diverse sources for pharmacometric analyses in support of regulatory filings and internal decisions.
Results from these analyses aid in dose optimization, study design, PK characterization, and label of the drug.
The Data Science intern is expected to contribute to the Data Science book of work by programming pharmacometric datasets.
They will also work on continuous improvement projects utilizing various software (like SAS, R, Python, Spotfire) to bring efficiency to the Data Science workflow.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - Apply expert knowledge of SAS to integrate clinical and pharmacokinetic data for pharmacometric analysis, implement sophisticated algorithms to derive complex data sets and address data issues.
- Demonstrate very strong attention to quality and detail and the ability to detect data anomalies
- Employ Spotfire visualization software and act as an expert resource in order to optimize the effective utilization and benefits of Spotfire
- Attain and apply solid knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and other scientific areas to partner with experts in order to integrate data sources efficiently and effectively
- Develop and maintain competence in UNIX, Spotfire, R and various Linux//Unix tools including bash
- Interact with internal partners utilizing excellent interpersonal and communication skills
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Application of SAS Programming and other software in the pharmaceutical industry
- R&D in the pharmaceutical industry - Basic knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and other scientific areas.
- Good understanding of pharmacometric programming and it's importance in model-based drug development
- Increase technical skills in tools like SAS, R, Python and UNIX/Linux
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases.
Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment.
We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Location/Region: Tampa, FL (33601)