The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for the organization of products in our distribution warehouse. This includes receiving, unloading, sorting, storing, inventorying, picking, and loading of product onto pallets utilizing forklifts and pallet jacks, as well as stacking individual cases by hand to build customer orders. This position reports to the Night Supervisor.
- Pick and stage products for delivery routes each day within Colorado (i.e. pulling products down from racks and palletizing for next day morning picks
- Consolidate, organize, palletize and move products around the warehouse.
- Check-in drivers on Encompass Route Accounting System upon return from their daily routes.
- Work with the Night Supervisor to monitor inventory by completing counts as required.
- Receive shipments, check and inspect all goods received, to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Responsible for pallet organization and maintenance in designated areas around the warehouse.
- Maintain general inventory controls, move and organize new products, maintain rotation of new products as designated by the Warehouse Coordinator and Buyer, and informing the manager of discrepancies in inventory.
- General warehouse maintenance, maintaining a clean and safe work environment by keeping shelves, floors, pallet area, empty keg area, and shipping/receiving areas tidy.
- Must be punctual, professional, self-motivated, and employ effective time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written with clients, coworkers, and supervisors in the primary language used in the workplace; ability to read and write orders
- Math skills, thoroughness, and attention to detail in order to accurately count and track inventory
- Must be able to continuously sit, stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop, and lift, carry and handle 50 lbs. up to 160 lbs.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures
- Ability to operate forklifts and pallet jacks in tight spaces
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with the handheld mobile computer required
Required Education and Experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Two or more years of relevant work experience in a warehouse role is desired
- Prior experience in distribution is a plus but not required
This position asks that you are able to work from the hours of 3pm-11pm, hours may vary to a later start time and later finish time.
We employ people who continuously work hard and in doing so, have an immediate impact and figurative voice. We encourage everyone at CSA to be motivated and to grow alongside our company. Every employee is an extremely important part of the CSA team and its future.
CSA Distributing is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages, benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, and BEER!
The wage for this position will be based on experience, hourly wage $18-$21/hour.