SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (FLUID SYSTEMS)
- Ensure MRP dates align with current vehicle products
- Stock and transport items
- Utilize our Factory Scheduler application and other applicable tools to ensure work is scheduled and prioritized accurately and efficiently, and resources are allocated appropriately
- Prepare daily work schedules, track work progress, update project critical path schedules, and advise leadership of needed adjustments to daily work activities
- Ensure fixture, tooling, and test equipment requirements are properly scheduled to facilitate an efficient production process
- Coordinate team needs with any support organizations applicable
- Identify and support improvement opportunities for product yield, quality, safety, cost and team efficiency
- Organize and communicate the daily priorities to team leads and supervisors as required
- Provide daily visibility, weekly status, and monthly reviews on schedule performance
- Create and use tools using queries and Excel to highlight shortages and determine schedule risks
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using spreadsheets to enter data and to create custom reports (Microsoft Excel or other)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and communicate well with others in a team environment
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Familiarity with lean principles, Six Sigma, and Kaizen
- Project Management Professional certification
- Experience writing queries with SQL
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime and/or weekends. This is a 1st shift position (est shift time: 5am - 2:30pm)
- Minimal travel may be required at times to transport parts
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 6 hours min
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location/Region: Hawthorne, CA