M Health Fairview Northland Medical Center Hospitalist Team, which currently consists of three physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPs), seeks a BC/BE Internal Medicine or Med/Peds Physician to join their Hospitalist team. Hospitalists round on inpatients and patients on Observation status, provide consult services to Surgical colleagues in the hospital and take un-assigned patients from the Emergency Room.
Typical day shift workload will include discharges, rounding, consultation for co-management of surgical patients as requested, and early day admits. Typical swing shift and night shift workload will include admits, cross-cover, and occasional late day discharges. Nights are covered by a Tele-Hospitalist program. APPs work an overlapping shift with day and swing shift Physician to cover the hospitalist service. Physician is expected to be competent in management of inpatients adults and co-management of critically ill adults with an off-site Intensivist using telemedicine.
- Current average daily hospitalist census: 13 per day
- Admit approximately 3-6 patients per swing
- Collaborate with TeleICU Critical Care physicians (located at Fairview Southdale hospital), Tele-Hospitalist service, and local ER Physician who is present on-site 24 hours/day.
- Anticipated work schedule: modified block schedule with rotating weekends and holidays
M Health Fairview Northland Medical Center is a 54-bed licensed facility offering a full range of primary and specialty care services to the 100,000+ population of Princeton, Minnesota and surrounding communities.
- Outpatient specialties include: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Podiatry, Sports Medicine, General Surgery, Cardiology, Allergy, ENT, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Neurology, OB/Gyn, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Pulmonology, Urology
- Average number of surgical cases annually: 3,100
- Average number of Emergency Department visits annually: 18,000
- Number of deliveries annually: 530
- We have a fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC)
- Excellent supportive team; community supported hospital, with resources of a large organization
- Initial market competitive salary guarantee with additional earning potential
- Sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine-Pediatrics residency training program.
- Board Certified/Board Prepared with the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
Princeton, Minnesota is known for its stately white pines, history of industry and commitment to innovation. Located just one hour north of the Twin Cities, and one hour south of some of the state's finest lakes and recreation areas-it is now at the expanding edge of the metropolitan area. Although a part of the fastest-growing region of state, Princeton and surrounding communities have retained their hometown charm, commitment to educational excellence and economic vitality as they meld the very best of city and country living.
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
Connect with Us!
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitals—including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital—serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview’s 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Location/Region: Princeton, MN (55371)