General Purpose:Are members of the interdisciplinary team who provide hands-on personal care, report changes in the patient’s/client’s condition, perform simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services, and provide incidental/instrumental activities of daily living as assigned to patients/clients in the home setting as permitted by the policies and procedures of Interim HealthCare and any other federal, state and local law or regulation.Essential Functions:
* Reads and records temperature, pulse, and respirations.
* Assists, performs and trains patient/client and family in activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, nail and skin care, oral hygiene, toileting and elimination and adequate nutritional intake.
* Promotes safe environment and maintain unobstructed pathways while providing care.
* Assists with ambulation, transfers and/or range of motion exercises. * Assists with incidental/instrumental activities of daily living such as shopping, meal preparation, socialization activities, homemaking and maintaining a clean and safe physical environment.
* Assists in medication reminding* Assists in administering medications ordinarily self-administered.
* Utilizes infection prevention and control measures such as universal precautions, hand washing, and personal protective equipment.
* Follows the assignment sheet/service plan performing only tasks that are assigned. * Recognizes, reports, and records/documents changes in patient/client condition and safety to supervisor. * Document observations, activities and service provided in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
* Organizes self to carry out visits/shifts and tasks.
* Completes mandatory Interim HealthCare in-services and provides requested documents to keep employee file current.
* Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program, as requested.
* Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness Program, as requested.
* Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
* Honors patient rights. * Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities.
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.Home Health Aide MAY NOT:* Perform any skilled nursing procedure, which is prohibited by the State Nurse Practice Act, law or regulation.Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:* Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
* Six (6) months of experience in healthcare or completion of the Office's preceptor program.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required: * Two (2) positive references* Evidence of passing a home health aide written knowledge exam.
* Pass state required criminal and abuse background checks where required.
* Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical* Able to effectively communicate, including the ability to read, write, and verbally report clinical information to patients, patient representatives (if any), patient’s caregivers and family, and agency staff.
* Able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks or functions.
* Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
* Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.Working Conditions & Physical Effort: * Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by office from assignment to assignment.
* Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient care per applicable law or regulation.
* Work is normally performed in patient’s home.
* Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment (e.g.
face masks, goggles, latex and or non-latex gloves).
* Able to constantly stand, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
* Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer clients/patients.
* Able to frequently carry bundles such as groceries and laundry up or down stairs and lift with or without assistance. * Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm (i.e.
DME supplies, knobs or objects). * Able to read 8 point or larger type.
* Medium physical activity that may require frequent lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Location/Region: Macomb, MI (48044)