As a field application scientist at Split Bio, you will act as the scientific liaison between the company and our customers. You will build long lasting relationships with researchers working at the cutting edge of biology in fields including neuroscience, immunology, development, and more. As a solutions provider, we partner with our customers to ensure they’re not only generating high quality data, but also designing their experiments in a way that will answer the questions they are asking and achieving the goals of their studies.
Split Bio offers the most scalable and flexible single cell sequencing solution on the market. Researchers are looking for guidance on how to best use our kits in order to accelerate their biological discovery. You will be responsible for working with various research groups to make sure they are educated on how our kits work, support them as they conduct the full workflow, and be available for follow up technical questions that may be asked.
In addition to customer facing discussions, you will also be responsible for communicating customer feedback to internal product teams to ensure we continue to build solutions best suited for our customers. You may also contribute to scientific presentations for technical demonstrations.
- Proactively communicate with customers to understand the goals and needs of their projects
- Provide technical guidance to customers on single cell experimental design
- Train and support new customers to ensure protocols are understood and followed properly
- Perform troubleshooting and provide assistance on customer experiments
- Work closely with product teams and contribute to customer facing technical documentation
- Collect feedback from current customers and communicate to product teams and management to help guide product development
- Keep up to date on the ever-evolving field of single cell genomics and relay observations of market shifts to management
- Deliver scientific presentations for internal or customer facing events
- Advanced degree in molecular biology, genomics, or a related field
- Experience performing next generation sequencing library prep in a laboratory setting
- Ability to effectively communicate technical details to a broad scientific audience
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience performing single cell RNA-seq in a laboratory setting
- Experience in a customer-facing role for genomics products
- Experience performing bioinformatic analysis with genomics datasets
Split Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Location/Region: Seattle, WA (98125)