Texas Health is seeking a board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon with proven experience to join our team.
- MD candidates
- Current Texas license
- General Surgery residency completion required from an accredited ACGME program
- Cardiothoracic surgery fellowship completion required from an accredited program; This should include training in complex valve repair and replacement, mitral procedures, CABG, and general thoracic procedures.
- Experience with minimally invasive cardiac surgery required; robotic surgery experience a plus.
- Board-certified candidates required with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Ability and desire to support a growing team and align with the needs of the program.
About the position:
- This is an employed position by Texas Health Physicians Group.
- Located on the campus of at Texas Health Fort Worth (THFW) – the biggest hospital in our system. THFW is a hub hospital with several small and medium hospitals sending referrals.
- This is a new practice, call is shared with other cardiothoracic surgeons on staff.
- This is a wonderful opportunity to be closely involved in hospital leadership and in building of a structural heart program.
Texas Health Physicians Group includes over 1,000 physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and medical professionals dedicated to providing safe, quality care for our patients. Through THPG, Texas Health Resources is more than just a network of hospitals – it is now a full health system with the opportunity to provide unparalleled healthcare coverage to North Texans. Patients benefit from improved safety, better outcomes and increased efficiencies that can happen when all parts of the health care system work in close collaboration.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 707-bed facility serving a population of over 2.5 million. Located in the medical district, Texas Health Fort Worth is a regional referral center for 26 counties, with transfers and referrals from as far away as El Paso, Texas and parts of Oklahoma.
From the City of Fort Worth web site (www.FortWorth.gov): “Fort Worth – the most typically Texan of all Texas cities – began as a tiny outpost on a lonely frontier. Today, this metropolitan area of nearly 800,000 people blends its cattle and oil heritage seamlessly with an ever-growing, diverse array of new businesses and industry.” Fort Worth is the 16th-largest city in the United States and welcomes over 6 million visitors annually. The unique blend of cowboy and cosmopolitan cultures make the city of Fort Worth a great place to work and play, for families and young professionals alike.
Sorry, our opportunities cannot sponsor a J-1 visa waiver and this position is not open to outside recruiting firms.
Physicians employed by Texas Health Physicians Group are not employed by a Texas Health Resources hospital.
Location/Region: Fort Worth, TX (76104)