The Electrician provides the technical expertise to lead the maintenance of large solar systems to ensure conformity to contractual, manufacturer and existing national and local building codes. The Electrician provides support to the O&M Manager throughout the Solar PV Plant in the appointed operating and maintenance tasks to preserve the good condition and functionality of the facility. The Electrician is in charge of carrying diagnostics on electrical systems, managing the reporting of technical information & managing the maintenance of the electric equipment.
- The Electrician plays a key role in enforcing and maintaining all HSE procedures and protocols, in line with local regulations & norms and policy of the company.
- Installation, inspection, diagnostic and repair of MTRs, PV & PV-related electrical components, communication and CCTV systems, such as but not limited to: module replacement, inverter replacement, fuse/breaker replacement, conduit routing, wiring, ground-fault repair
- Installation, inspection, diagnostic and repair of PV-related equipment, structures, or materials
- Preventive, corrective, predictive and conditional maintenance of different equipment (LV, Inverter, etc ...)
- Inform O&M Manager of any potential risks
- Ensure the on-call for on-site interventions.
- Trouble-shooting technical information
- Ensuring the directives to the manufacturers are applied in line with the internal policy
- Maintain health and safety equipment and procedures Under the supervision of the O&M Manager, develop and design LOTO procedures to avoid or minimize Hazardous Energy Risks.
- Perform general maintenance activities.
- Training in arc-flash, lock-out/tag-out, and other special protective equipment and procedures
- 30 Hours OSHA Card
- Puerto Rico PV Installer certification or strong knowledge of inverter: factory trained and certified; 2+ years of experience
- Electrical Contractor's license for Puerto Rico or significant experience in the design and/or installation of low and medium voltage electrical systems.
- 3+ years of experience with PV systems;
- Experience within a similar role in the Renewables industry (preferably Solar)
Location/Region: Salinas, Puerto Rico