Do you have a creative way that you like to express yourself? Perhaps you'd be interested in painting this town red? PeopleReady is now hiring Painters who can bring a positive attitude and professional flair to the jobsite.
Professional painters begin by preparing surfaces for painting. This may require removing old paint, filling holes, and washing walls. Sandpaper, wire brushes, scrapers, and abrasive blasting may be used to prepare surfaces. The Painter fills holes and divots with putty, plaster, or caulk, and then ensures that surfaces are not susceptible to moisture by sealing cracks and corners where building materials meet.
After a surface is clean and ready for paint, professional painters apply primer and paint at the appropriate spread rate and temperature in order to ensure the best results. Primer selection is based on the location and type of surface being finished.
Our Painters also show a keen knowledge of color theory. While color selection is ultimately up to the customer, painters advise clients and craft the appearance their customers seek. They may use varnish, oil, or paint additives to derive specific colors and textures. Some special techniques provide decorative and faux finishes. These finishes often require the use of washes, glazes, and layering. Professional Painters may also use techniques such as sponging, distressing, stippling, and color blocking to build effects for their clients.
Painters also handle jobsite preparation and cleanup. They may build scaffolding and use drop cloths or tape in order to clean paint spills, dust from sanding, and other materials, and remove them from a completed jobsite. Although some painters do all types of painting, many specialize in one type, such as new construction, signs, exterior or interior work, or remodeling. Regardless of the type, we would love to talk more about this full-time opportunity.
- Applying various finishes to equipment, buildings, bridges, or other structures
- Applying primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats
- Mixing colors or oils to obtain desired color or consistency
- Three to five years' experience in commercial painting preferred
- Experience with interior and exterior painting
- Reliable transportation to and from different jobsites
- Tools of the trade and the ability to bring them to the jobsite
- References to verify your professional skills and experiences
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time and able to occasionally lift and move 20 pounds
Location/Region: Orlando, FL