Responsible for checking the quality of product and can seams to ensure quality.
Note – Pay Rate for this Job is $17/Hour
- Partner with all departments, executing and supporting all Quality programs that ensure the production of Safe, Quality Foods.
- Responsible for quality control sampling of can seams to include seam thickness, body hook, cover hook, seam height and overlap.Measurements are taken via computer or manually using micrometer if computer is unavailable. Perform visual seam examination and document findings.
- Performs physical examination as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedure guidelines Accurately and effectively uses designated tools and equipment to perform required quality testing.
- Accurately and effectively uses calculator to compute various weights and measures.
- Accurately and legibly completes all required documentation and forms for the quality control tests run.
- Conducts quality control tests at specified time intervals per Standard Operating Procedure guidelines.
- Responsible for strict observance of all safety rules and will use extreme caution around moving machinery.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor immediately if cans tested do not meet spec Responsible for following Good Manufacturing Practices
- 1-2 years Experience.
- SECONDARY SUPPORT: In the event of an absence, this position will be backfilled by an individual that has been successfully trained on the functions of the Quality Assurance Tech.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Must have basic computer knowledge and the ability to read and understand various computer screens and/or machine controls; must be able to enter data accurately in system.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS: SPEAKING ABILITY to present a detailed analysis or comparison such as making an extended suggestion on how to solve an immediate problem or make an improvement and additionally must be able to give instruction on operating a machine.
- LISTENING: Able to listen to a presentation on checklists of plant processes. Retells and responds to questions or completes a chart. Able to identify main idea, details and transition points when listening to a presentation.
- DOCUMENT USE: Able to explain how something works based on a text; relates the sequence of steps or stages in a cycle or process described in the text. Able to access, locate and compare/contrast 2-3 pieces of information in a reference source.
- READING SKILLS are the ability to explain how something works based on text which relates the sequence of steps or stages in a cycle or process described in the text. Employees must be able to use information from a timeline/schedule chart to solve a simple scheduling problem.
- WRITING APTITUDE to convey business messages as written notes to pass on routine information, make requests, or respond to recommendations and warnings. Ability to reproduce information received orally or visually and can take simple notes from short oral presentations or from reference materials.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS are the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Mathematical skills also include the ability to perform the above operations using units of American measurement, weight, and volume measurements. Employee must be able to accurately record and chart results and operate a calculator to determine sums, averages, and ranges.
- REASONING ABILITY is the process to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations by thinking about something in a logical way in order to form a conclusion or judgment.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS are the physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, reach, bend, stoop and climb stairs; uses hands to operate controls and inspect product. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
Location/Region: Faribault, MN