We are in search of an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing company!
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you are responsible for reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment. Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices and correct P.O. Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms, Process check requests, Audit and process credit card bills, Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly. You also responsible for 1099 maintenance. Respond to all vendor inquiries. Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies. Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices. Assist in month end closing and assist with other projects as needed.
Key Responsibilities Areas:
- Directs the Accounts Payable staff to ensure timely processing in conjunction with established month end close and year end close processes
- Ensures invoices are coded correctly
- Ensures batches are reviewed and posted timely
- Develops written procedures to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Trains and evaluates staff to enhance performance and development
- Addresses performance issues of staff
- Some responsibilities of accounts payable supervisors comprise of clearing account paying payments, handling concerns or issues with the vendors that are pertaining to the payment disbursement, and working with several departments in accordance to the financial transactions in the entire company.
- Accounts Payable Supervisor Duties
- Aside from handling the daily tasks and duties within the accounts payable department, accounts payable supervisors are responsible for training and supervising staff and clerks within the department through selecting new employees. They also train staff on new procedures and evaluate workers by determining if their overall performance is satisfactory for their company and department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience using Great Plains version 10.00 or higher
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- PTO/sick days
- Holiday Pay
- Competitive Compensation
Food processing company (manufacture of tortillas)
Location/Region: Norcross, GA