Amperity helps people use data to serve their customers. Underneath this simple statement lies the monumental challenge of building an automatically-scaling system that understands customer data of any variety. The size and complexity of this mission requires an engineering team that can solve some of the most sophisticated problems in distributed systems, machine learning, big data, data science and visualization, and product design.
More than just Marketing technology, we help world-class brands reorient how they think about their business; from focusing on stores or products to focusing on a customer's experience through all of their brand interactions. With multiple US patents already awarded, Amperity helps brands know who their customers are, decide where and how to grow their business, and serve personalized customer experiences at every touchpoint. Our customers include Alaska Airlines, Kroger, Lucky Brand, Kendra Scott, Planet Fitness, Kenneth Cole, Seattle Sounders FC, Crocs, Stanley, Endeavour Drinks, and many more.
Amperity is a hyper-growth SaaS company that is leading the way in customer data management. Since our founding in 2016 and launching our first commercial product in 2017, Amperity operates in rarified air, growing 2.5X YoY since launch.
In just three years, we’ve raised nearly $90M in total funding. Amperity has two headquarters - our founding office in Seattle and our second office in New York City, though we’re committed to fostering a healthy distributed working environment for the foreseeable future.
Come join us on our mission to help people use data to serve the customer!
- Empower engineers to build & operate infrastructure capable of processing petabytes of data every day.
- Fully automate provisioning and recovery across multiple cloud environments and thousands of machines.
- Simplify secure development, reliability testing, monitoring, and observability at rapidly increasing scale.
- Two years of management experience, with an emphasis on coaching engineers in ops roles.
- Five or more years of engineering/operations experience, with experience in large-scale and distributed systems, including hands-on work in the past five years.
- Capable of balancing immediate operational needs while making progress towards long-term engineering goals.
- Raise the bar for operational excellence and help other teams to follow your example.
- Significant experience running production systems with a cloud infrastructure provider, particularly AWS or Azure.
- Enjoy getting your hands dirty in Terraform and SaltStack or similar tools such as CloudFormation, Ansible, or Chef.
- Proficient in networking fundamentals including subnetting, firewalling, routing, and packet analysis.
- Like to move fast and deliver value for internal and external customers, but won’t compromise on security.
- Open-minded, inclusive, and motivated to make good decisions.
- Must love to collaborate.
Technologies We Use
- Cloud-native stacks in AWS and Azure.
- Infrastructure as code tools like Terraform and SaltStack.
- Open Source software such as Spark, Presto, Mesos, and Kafka.
- A microservice architecture, with most services written in Clojure.
- Cutting edge security services like Lacework and Spectral.io.
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. 100% healthcare coverage, expertise in distributed working environments, flexible hours, and very intentional career development. We’ll get to the snacks when the office opens again. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location/Region: Seattle, WA