Business: Boys Town
$1000 Hiring Bonus!
Job Summary :
In a career as an In-Home Family Services Consultant you can change a family’s life. Every family has its problems, but some families’ problems threaten their very existence. Drug and alcohol addiction, domestic abuse, adolescent defiance, and behavioral challenges are some of the issues that our team works to overcome as they strive to keep struggling families together. Your work here will not only be life-changing but lifesaving.
Schedule: Full-time 40 hours/week. Must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be available to work on-call rotationally to provide crisis response.
*Interested applicants will need to apply online by visiting our website.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families and with community service resources, including medical professionals, public welfare personnel, lawyers, therapists, law enforcement staff, school officials, neighbors, and religious and youth organization representatives utilizing referral sources as necessary.
- Provides screening and assessment to determine program eligibility and identifies areas to address in the service plan if applicable.
- Provides training and support in the development and utilization of functional skills to families with problems and individuals associated with the families.
- Assesses problems and provides care to youth and families; monitors individual and family progress in the attainment of predetermined goals providing regular review and update of service plans.
- Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with families per program requirements, and remains available to families 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
- Provides consumers, including school personnel and others working with children served by the program, training in the management of difficult behaviors.
- Promotes family self-determination by assisting family in identifying and accessing community services and resources.
- Educates families on the needs of good physical health, quality medical attention and preventive health care.
- Assists families in building on their spiritual and religious beliefs or practices as a source of strength to reach their goals.
- Promotes culture of professionalism through role modeling and respect.
- Meets with families and children at various locations; utilizes own vehicle to travel to work destinations and to transport youth as authorized
- Prepares proper documentation and service plans in a timely manner as defined by the program.
- Prepares and submits reports and recommendations concerning case load status, budget requests, changes in service plans, and any unusual incidents that occur in the operation of the program.
- Reports any critical incidents involving family members or staff according to standard reporting guidelines.
- Serve as a role model in carrying out the Boys Town mission.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check. Must have the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
About Boys Town : Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. Our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Location/Region: North Platte, NE