Kankakee Valley Publishing is
looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and
maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality.
You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage
of the IT infrastructure.
successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software
and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating
systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and
attention to detail.
goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and
networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
· Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral
devices (routers, printers etc.)
· Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure
· Install and configure appropriate software and functions
according to specifications
· Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize
· Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
· Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new
software and computer equipment
· Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring
others from completing their work
· Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair
or replace parts, debugging etc.)
· Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance
· Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place
· Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant
· Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
· Excellent communication ability
· Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
· In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
· Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
· Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
· Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g.
CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional
Location/Region: Rensselaer, IN