Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International, an Arlington Heights-based not-for-profit association of manufacturers of fans, dampers, louvers, air curtains, and other air-system components for commercial heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC); industrial-process; and power-generation applications, is seeking a dynamic staff accountant. In this role, you will get exposure to a broad scope of accounting duties, including both reporting and analysis.
The perfect candidate will be a self-starter and excited to learn and to perform at a high level in this general accounting role.
Why Work Here?
“AMCA is globally recognized in the HVAC space for technical excellence and product certification. We are a diverse and collaborative group of people. Together we have created an environment in which lifelong learners thrive as part of a dynamic organization focused on mission and strategy for the benefit of the public and its members.”
Established in 1917, AMCA certifies 20 types of air-system products for more than 300 manufacturers in 30 countries on six continents.
Description of Duties
- Support the month-end and year-end close processes, including preparing and posting journal entries to ensure financial records are properly stated in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assist with the preparation of financial reporting.
- Reconcile and analyze accounts to ensure transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform daily accounting functions, including:
- preparing daily revenue invoices,
- processing accounts payable and semi-monthly payroll, and
- recording daily cash receipts.
- Research issues and provide recommendations on areas of risk or opportunity.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and internal controls.
- Assist with external audit requests.
- Reconcile bank account and clear various open-item-managed accounts.
- Ad hoc modeling and analysis.