Location: 5 Forge Pkwy, Franklin, MA
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
Work closely with the Cultivation Manager and Assistant Cultivation Manager to run the Flower department. Provide leadership and guidance to all cultivation employees. Train and assist all levels of cultivation employees as needed. Create and execute a well-planned and organized cultivation schedule.
This role is with NETA, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Follows NETA Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with all state marijuana regulations
- Maintains Flower Cultivation operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing operational policies and procedures
- Enforces the highest standard of Quality Control via strict operational procedures, Quality Control checkpoints/tracking
- Works closely with the Cultivation Management team and other supervisors to create engaging, situational-based training; acts as a mentor and nurtures professional, high level decision making
- Gathers data and provides feedback regarding the research, development and implementation of any new processes or equipment as needed
- Initiates and updates Cultivation training and SOPs, works closely with Assistant Cultivation Manager and Training Ambassador to schedule all training and orientation of new Cultivators; Responsible for initiating new procedural, product or equipment initiatives; Responsible for handling Employee Relations by delivering Performance Reviews and Corrective Actions as well as providing feedback and coaching frequently
- Establishes, executes and maintains holistic employee engagement opportunities
- Manages daily inventory and communicates effectively with warehouse staff
- Maintains staff time and attendance and all other conduct related requirements
- Works closely with Cultivation Management and IPM team to track plant health
- Monitors fertigation system and nutrient requirements and ensures accurate recordkeeping
- Accurately and consistently tracks plant movement via the seed-to-sale tracking system, while ensuring all record keeping requirements are met
- Ensures staff perform specific tasks in the grow not limited to: feeding plants, trellising, defoliation, super cropping, and inventory management; within a timely manner to consistently strive to increase productivity
- Establishes, executes, and maintains a thorough harvest schedule, in coordination with the Cultivation and Harvest Management Teams, to harvest plants at peak quality
- Works closely with CNV Supervisor to schedule and execute plant transfers across sub departments
- Works closely with Environmental Services to coordinate and execute a cleaning and sanitization schedules
- Ensures staff work in a timely manner and consistently strive to increase productivity
- Manages day to day issues as they arise, requesting assistance as needed
- Responds to facility related failures promptly while maintaining preventative tasks in accordance with facility needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook (Excel, Teams, OneNote, etc), Google Drive and inventory management systems
- Must have strong communication skills
- Manage a controlled workflow in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure
- Self-motivated and can take initiative and direction well
- Works in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity
- Ability to work as a team leader, be organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally at all times, leading by example
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Able to work in an Indoor growing environment.
- Requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, and consistent attention to detail for 10+ hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs unassisted and up to 80 lbs assisted
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique."
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.
Internal ID: 17129
Location/Region: Cumberland, RI