Healthcare Staffing Professionals has an immediate need for a strong Public Health Program Analyst 3 to compile data about the Covid-19 vaccine administration provided by Department of Public Health vaccine data teams. The candidate will also develop tables, visual workflows, and process data. They will also be asked to assist with summarizing finding from data and communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
The position will be titled Health Program Analyst III, pays $56.94 per hour, and will start immediately upon acceptance and employment clearance. The positions are currently funded through July 30, 2021.***CURRENT LOCAL RESIDENCY AND FAMILIARITY WITH LOS ANGELES COUNTY REQUIRED***Pay Rate-
$56.94 Per Hour.Benefits:
Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Time, PTOHealthcare
Employer Fully Funded Healthcare (Anthem Blue Cross), Dental and Vision, Life Insurance from Initial Start Date.Shifts: (Telework )
M-F 8-5 with some OT as needed. May need to work some weekends or evenings when there are urgent data requests with short deadlinesJob Duties:
· Compile data about vaccine administration provided by DPH vaccine data teams
· Work with members of other teams at DPH to obtain and compile data for data requests as needed
· Find and compile external data to combine with DPH vaccine data as needed
· Maintain and edit weekly vaccine administration dashboard
· Develop tables and visuals to inform efforts for equitable distribution of vaccine
· Track data deliverable assignments from internal and external stakeholders
· Communicate with other DPH team members regarding data requests
· Create visuals on workflows, processes, and data
· Assist with summarizing findings from data for communication with internal and external stakeholders
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in public health or other relevant fields -AND- five years of experience in the analysis of public health programs. A master's degree from an accredited college or university in public health or other relevant fields may be substituted for one year of the required experience. A doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in public health or other relevant fields may be substituted for two years of the required experience; and
- A valid Class C California Driver’s License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Windows-based laptop or desktop device, with a speaker and mic;
- Reliable Wi-fi/internet access;
- Experience in building and sustaining partnerships with diverse public and private sectors (i.e., government, healthcare, business, education and community-based, faith-based or non-governmental organizations);
- Ability to collect, evaluate and synthesize data, draw conclusions, and formulate recommendations.
- Ability to interpret policy, government regulations and mandates;
- Experience in administering, developing, implementing or evaluating public health programs;
- Knowledge of emergency management, including incident command system principles applied to public health emergencies;
- Strong verbal, written communication and project management skills; and
- Strong work ethic, reliable and able to meet deadlines and obligations.
· Skills in working with data either currently or previously is highly desired. Proficiency in Excel desired. SAS skills would also be helpful, but not required.