The Director Application Development will build and lead a high-performance team of software engineering professionals responsible for delivering industry leading web and mobile applications to our internal and external customers. Cinch is accelerating our exciting business growth agenda and digital transformation and need talented and passionate leaders to join the team!
The Director Application Development will spearhead, oversee, and optimizing the development and engineering practices in a fast-paced Agile environment. This role is also responsible for collaborating with the respective business stakeholders, software teams, and vendors in ensuring well-defined technology roadmap, user stories and prioritized product backlogs in support of the overall business strategy while ensuring best practices for application development are being followed.
- Build and lead a highly talented, top-performing, efficient, autonomous engineering and development team.
- Oversees end-to-end software engineering, including web development, mobile development, back-end API’s, database.
- Reviews and participates in key architecture and technical design decisions.
- Assist in definition of technology roadmaps, products and improvements aligned with appropriate product and business roadmaps.
- Advance architecture, process and tools through innovation, cutting edge technology and research.
- Drive continuous improvement and automates tools, processes and technology to allow for greater engineering throughput, quality, capabilities, skills and delivery.
- Own outcomes of engineering, planning, execution and delivery on complex projects
- Responsible for deliverables including, but not limited to: ALM process, release schedule, product roadmap, prioritized backlog, user stories, product documentation, estimation, release budgeting and forecasting, and status reports.
- Personnel duties including hiring talent, professional growth of direct reports, vendor management, building new teams.
- Able to measure organizational progress and health through metrics and results.
- Fosters great business relationships by partnering with key stakeholders and cross functional leadership teams.
- Bridges communications between the business and IT teams and takes full ownership of the product development lifecycle in-line with Agile principles.
- Pushes for continuous improvement of talent, process and technology.
- Supports and troubleshoots production issues.
- Works with IT Operations in developing a DevOps strategy for the builds and deployment of software solutions including assisting in picking the right tools.
- Provides timely communication to Business stakeholders about any relevant events, escalations, etc.
Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of IT/software development experience in either a software company or internal IT
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership
- 4+ years of Agile/SCRUM
- PMP or CSM is a plus
- Business Requirements Gathering
- Application Lifecycle Management, SDLC, and Support, Traditional & Agile PM Methodologies
- Project Planning, Estimating, Scheduling, Tracking, Budgeting, and Reporting
- Risk & Issue Planning (Identification, Mitigation, Resolution)
- Strong Diagnostic & Analytical Capabilities
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills with all levels of management
- Ability to prepare formal management presentations, along with organizing and conducting effective meetings.
- Web, Mobile, App development experience
- Experience with Oracle Applications / EBS or major ERP experience is a plus.
- Practices: Site Reliability Engineering, Chaos Testing, Monitoring, Application Resiliency/Failover/Fault Tolerance, Unit Testing, DevOps, CICD, Test Automation, Feature Toggles, SOA, Microservices, Cloud Functions / Serverless, Canary Deployments, Blue/Green Deployments, Offline Applications, Containerization, Application Security
- Experience with cloud services specifically AWS (Cloudwatch, CodeDeploy etc.)
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases.
- Liferay or CMS knowledge is good to have but not required.
- Experience with e-commerce services and digital marketing capabilities
- Warranty, Insurance, Service Network Industry Experience desired but not required.
- Contact Center Experience preferred
Location/Region: Boca Raton, FL (33481)