Our client is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we work to improve their performance for brand advertisers by providing them with actionable retail+ads analytics. They also deliver retail+ads information services enabling their partner teams to provide brands with automated campaign management experiences.***We are open to this position sitting in NYC, Austin, Arlington, or BoulderResponsibilities:
You will be working with Scala & Java in a web services based environment. You will be an expert in Apache/Spark
and proficient with Big Data technologies
coming up with innovative solutions when building highly performant distributed systems. Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
is a necessary skill combined with strong data modeling
. There are opportunities to expand existing offerings and building new systems from ground up.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will drive appropriate technology choices for the business, lead the way for continuous innovation
, and shape the future of e-commerce. You will design, implement, troubleshoot and see your solutions live.
A successful candidate will have the satisfaction of seeing their work on our client's advertising websites, where it will be viewed by up to a million advertising customers and will drive significantly quantifiable revenue impact, broaden their technical skills and work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation.Qualifications:
- 5+ years industry experience in software development and full product life-cycles
- 5+ years of hands on coding skills in Java (C#, C++) coupled with strong base in object-oriented design and development
- Strong proven ability in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with object oriented design and development
- 5+ years of experience with SQL and data modeling skills
- Experience in building solutions of sizable scope and complexity
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Experience with Hadoop, HBase, Pig, Spark
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with search engine and indexing systems such as Solr/Lucene or Nutch
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software
- Programming experience with at least one modern
language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture
and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling)
of new and current systems.
Bachelors in Computer Science or related field